Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those of you who can't wait for the DVD.. (** MINOR SPOILERS **)

• 03-09-2005 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

.. how about some look at some of the special features on the much anticipated DVD? I found three of the special features floating around online from the DVD.

I'm gonna upload them to my webspace and update the page here with their address when each of them are uploaded. Have uploaded two of them but the excellent 8 minute documentary will take a bit longer.

Had problems uploading "The Genesis Of Lost" documentary to my webspace to had to put it on the ever so crappy Rapidshare.

Oh, and for those of you unfamiliar with Rapidshare, first click on the link. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button with 'Free' on it. Scroll to the bottom of the page that follows and you should see a counter ticking down. When the time on that has elapsed, you should get the download link. Be sure to download it correctly as you only have 20MB download allowance each hour!

The three available are:

- "The Genesis of Lost" (8:40) tells the story of how the show went from an ill-defined concept in Lloyd Braun's head to a full-fledged script by Abrams and Lindelof and ultimately a network series.
    DOWNLOAD (19MB ASF)

- "Lost At ComicCon" (1:50) is a brief clip from the Lost stars' appearance at ComicCon before the pilot initially premiered.
    DOWNLOAD (4MB ASF)

- "Deleted Scene" (0.51) is (yep.. you guessed it) a deleted scene from very early in the series showing a conversation between Boone and Shannon. And also some tension Jin and his wife, Sun.
    DOWNLOAD (1MB ASF)

PS - minor spoilers for RTE / UK viewers in "The Genesis Of Lost" documentary which show a brief shot from an episode due to be shown on RTE on Monday night! But not a crucial shot. Otherwise, it's safe to watch!

Hope ye enjoy and if so, BUY THE DVD NOW!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I wonder, are you able to get the clip that was shown at ComiCon on it's own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

qz wrote:
    I wonder, are you able to get the clip that was shown at ComiCon on it's own?
    Quite possibly but i read a review of the DVD which gives all the specs and extras.

And both the synopsis for "The Genesis Of Lost" and "Lost At ComicCon" videos i've just posted are taken from that review.

I just think it'd be cool to see what got the fans so hyped up in the first place. Thanks for all this stuff btw.

qz wrote:
    I just think it'd be cool to see what got the fans so hyped up in the first place. Thanks for all this stuff btw.
    Yeah.. off-topic here but that's why i can't wait for my Undeclared DVD. It's got the full ComicCon appearance from the cast - 75 minutes long! Now.. THAT'S a special feature for ya! :D

Having some problems uploading the documentary (feckin' Eircom) so gonna upload it to Rapidshare and have it for you inside the next 10 - 15 minutes!

Worth mentioning that they don't contain any major spoilers! It does show Locke and Boone standing over the hatch while the "trebuchet" hammers at it from "Deux Ex Machina" (if i remember correctly!) - should i spoiler the title based on that?

basquille wrote:
    Yeah.. off-topic here but that's why i can't wait for my Undeclared DVD. It's got the full ComicCon appearance from the cast - 75 minutes long! Now.. THAT'S a special feature for ya! :D

:eek: Tell me more of this "Undeclared DVD!"
    Having some problems uploading the documentary (feckin' Eircom) so gonna upload it to Rapidshare and have it for you inside the next 10 - 15 minutes!

Worth mentioning that they don't contain any major spoilers! It does show Locke and Boone standing over the hatch while the "trebuchet" hammers at it from "Deux Ex Machina" (if i remember correctly!) - should i spoiler the title based on that?

Might aswell put it an "UK" one, or has Deus been shown on RTÉ yet? Best put one in if it has, but type "slight" beside it or something.

• Advertisement

qz wrote:
    :eek: Tell me more of this "Undeclared DVD!"
    OT: "Undeclared" was a TV show written and directed by the genius that is Judd Apatow. A man responsible for the excellent TV show, 'Freaks & Geeks' and also "Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy". More recently, he made his feature-film directorial debut with the hilarious "The 40 Year Old Virgin".

Anyways, "Undeclared" (of course) was cancelled by Fox after one season who screwed around with it in the timelslots etc.

Ordered by DVD from Amazon and should get it this week. Brillant, brillant show! There's a great review of the DVD here. Look at all those special features! :D
    qz wrote:
    Might aswell put it an "UK" one, or has Deus been shown on RTÉ yet? Best put one in if it has, but type "slight" beside it or something.
    Done!! Oh.. and Deus is shown on Monday night on RTE!

Ah right, I thought it was another edition of the Lost DVD, one which I'd have to buy after already ordering the current one.

Crisis averted people!

qz wrote:
    Ah right, I thought it was another edition of the Lost DVD, one which I'd have to buy after already ordering the current one.

Crisis averted people!
    Thought you might have alright! Apologies! :o

Documentary will soon be done!

basquille wrote:
    **MINOR SPOILERS**

Subtle...

qz wrote:

Subtle...
    I've always said subtlety is my strongpoint...! :D

PS - Slightly off topic here.. all this talk of spoilers have made me think where is ixoy recently? Probably avoiding the 'Lost' forum as he always hated the idea of spoilers / promos or anything which may give him any insight into any future developments in episodes before he's seen them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Are those clips ripped from the DVD? If so your shouldn't be posting here or hosting em in general...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

The dvd hasnt been released yet...and I believe thos are from the ABC official site...basquille is a law abiding citizen :D

The Genesis of Lost is an excellent clip btw, watch it if you get a chance.

tvnutz wrote:
    The dvd hasnt been released yet...and I believe thos are from the ABC official site...basquille is a law abiding citizen :D

DVD has been released just not in Ireland.

Rew wrote:

The DVD of Lost is being released on the 6th of Septmeber. It is currently the 4th of September.

Amazon link.
    Availability: This item will be released on September 6, 2005. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Rew wrote:

Wrong...Region 1 out 6th September.

Well the commercial DVD is out as a pirate copy. I read some post here a week of so about sombody in Hong Kong having bought it in HMV as as well?

Anyway if these are ripped from the DVD its a bad idea to be linking and hosting em...

Like I said...I believe they are from the ABC official Lost site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

More clips here:

http://tv.yahoo.com/feature/lostthecompletefirstseasontv.html

I'm avoiding watching them so I get my value for money from the DVD boxset when it arrives (hopefully) this week.

monomaniac wrote:
    More clips here:

http://tv.yahoo.com/feature/lostthec...tseasontv.html

I'm avoiding watching them so I get my value for money from the DVD boxset when it arrives (hopefully) this week.
    Think you may have messed up the address there, monomaniac!

The working address is here anyways!

A lot of clips there - think i might avoid them! Wanna save some mystery for the DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Yep my brian is freid today.

Couldn't resist watching the deleted scene with the pilot though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Thanks basquille - any chance you could host the Jimmy Kimmel feature from the dvd?

RonanC wrote:
    Thanks basquille - any chance you could host the Jimmy Kimmel feature from the dvd?
    This is the one that's on the DVD. (Zipped RM - 11.3MB)

Enjoy!

Advertisement