Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost dvd torrents

• 04-09-2005 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I was wondering where you can download torrents for the individual discs, the ones I have at the moment are registered to a private tracker so you need to sign up to use them. This isn't illegal because I am only asking for torrents not the actual dvd files.. it is for..educational use.. yes..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Gonzolas

Tried it I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You're really intelligent.. yes..

You know me so well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

dennab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

tough not educational use

Seriously though there is nothing illegal about downloading torrent files themselves, it's only when you start uploading/downloading copyrighted content that there is a legal issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

What are the torrents used for...

Torrents discussion is banned from this site, unless they are for legal material.

No-one will help you commit an illegal act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Honestly... how could you not miss this sticky?

I love the smell of a banning in the morning!!

So telling someone the URL of a website that supplies torrents (which by downloading the torrent file I am not even breaking any law) is illegal? Riiiiiiiiiight. Also stop following me around the different boards you racist.

• Advertisement

Gonzolas wrote:
    So telling someone the URL of a website that supplies torrents (which by downloading the torrent file I am not even breaking any law) is illegal? Riiiiiiiiiight. Also stop following me around the different boards you racist.

No. On this site, in which you are a guest of, discussion of torrent downloads is banned. There are hundreds of legal torrent sites around though if you wish to educate yourself on Linux and the like.

Gonzolas wrote:
    Seriously though there is nothing illegal about downloading torrent files themselves, it's only when you start uploading/downloading copyrighted content that there is a legal issue.

So what will you do? Download the torrent and look at it sitting at the computer without activating it? We know you want to download future episodes and to try to know what happens before your mates do. Don't try and kid us

Gonzolas wrote:

Nice and abusive there.

To anyone reading this, how long do reckon Gonzolas will be out of action on Boards?

Hopefully forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

well..at least till the end of the universe

I'd give me about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

basquille wrote:

Ha! I wonder what the racism bit's about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

lol...is he a bit slow? You think he might get it the first time...and it appears he has been banned before. :p

qz wrote:
    Ha! I wonder what the racism bit's about.

BS probably? People who get banned always seem to make stuff up.

• Advertisement

Nah he's doing it on purpose because he likes the attention. He probably cut himself as a teenager.

tvnutz wrote:
    lol...is he a bit slow? You think he might get it the first time...and it appears he has been banned before. :p

Ah well, this carry on will give me a reason to remain glued to the computer for another few mins :p

In answer to a few of the questions asked: I am foreign.

Giblet wrote:
    He probably cut himself as a teenager.

You know depression is a serious condition that affects a lot of young people. And there are people who really do that. It's weird for a moderator to be having a laugh about something that is a serious medical condition.

Gonzolas wrote:
    You know depression is a serious condition that affects a lot of young people. And there are people who really do that. It's weird for a moderator to be having a laugh about something that is a serious medical condition.

lol...you are so full of BS :D and because you are foreign you think that suddenly makes him a racist? You ban a foreign person for legitimate reasons and he is a racist? good one :rolleyes:

Gonzolas wrote:

It's not that weird really. I don't recall pledging to some Moderator code.

Giblet wrote:
    It's not that weird really. I don't recall pledging to some Moderator code.

You mean you didn't read the sacred "Moderoath"?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Ha he just got site banned. Bye de bye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Gonzolas wrote:
    In answer to a few of the questions asked: I am foreign.
    That an answer to the people asking about the racism comment? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gonzolas wrote:

Yeah ok, so I go to the Windows form and I request a link to a website that has cracks on it to made Macromedia Dreamweaver MX trial, full version
    That would also break the rules and is VERY similar to what your using, I can even argue that going to the site is not illegal and that unless I actually download a exe from the site I'm not breaking boards rules...however I am.

Read the rules, if you don't like them don't post :)
    racist? rofl :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Do go away...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement