Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to discuss art on boards?

Options
  • 04-09-2005 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

The forum formerly known as Art/Anim/Photo has been narrowed down to Photography alone recently. Where are people supposed to discuss visual art in general now?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Crafts :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I believe there was a small movement to try and change the name of the 'crafts' forum to art/crafts or a more general name like that.

Maybe the Digitalart/Design forum although alot of that seems to be photoshop and the like,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well I took a look there but there's no charter. If it is intended for discussion of visual art in general too, the name should surely be changed - "crafts" brings images of knitting and wooden gnome-making to mind!

grimloch wrote:
    I believe there was a small movement to try and change the name of the 'crafts' forum to art/crafts or a more general name like that.

Where was that movement? I must have missed it!

Maybe the Digitalart/Design forum although alot of that seems to be photoshop and the like,

Well, you couldn't discuss sculpture or painting there really.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

As far as I remember when Snorlax orginally requested the forum for Crafts, it was actually for Crafts/Art Appreciation. In fact I think she was campaigning for a name change somewhere recently, possibly feedback.

I reackon if you post in Crafts no one will object and in fact will probably join in.

EDIT: There's no charter in Crafts yet as there is no Mod there other than the CMod for Arts. But that's a seperate campaign.

• Advertisement

Hmm... I guess but we really do need a clearer name for newbies to find easily! I'll try to dig up that thread!

/edit

Here it is: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=291289

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

simu wrote:
    Hmm... I guess but we really do need a clearer name for newbies to find easily! I'll try to dig up that thread!

Here's sort of what I was talking about.

It's very feasible that I imagined a name change request. :)

EDIT: Looking at tsubhs deargs link, I wasn't imagining it after all.

Well ok - how about a renaming to Visual Art/Crafts then? Or any other suggestions people might have...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Crafts seems to be the place, snorlax has got a few discussions going on favourite painting etc. and that sorta thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Lubnip

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

simu wrote:
    Where was that movement? I must have missed it!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=293935

i think cloud forgot about the movement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

yeh i think it would be a good idea to change the name to cover general/ visual art, i v always thought art and crafts go han in hand so there probably wouldn't be any need for a separate forum for both.

also we really need a mod to sticky some threads and maybe make a charter. there's already someone trying to sell stuff on 4 separate threads in Crafts.

Advertisement