Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1 Series 8 Vs. Series 9

• 04-09-2005 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else think that series 8 semmed really tired by the end, i thought sg1 was finished, it was really rubbish, then along comes 9 and my interest is completely rekindled i cant believe it.

(sorry if already posted in some form)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

There's no Richard DA to carry it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

yeah thats true alright, he was kick-ass but the new guys are good and the Ori are refreshing, if i had to hear another series of "goa' uld" id be pissed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

When is Series 9 starting here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 VOG

RDA carrying stargate I hardly think so.

I mean his obvious lazyness near the end there was aparant...some epsidoes he was not even in and him becoming general of the sgc means he had to do even less.

Dont get me wrong he was a big draw to the series and helped boost ratings from the onset. Be he was hardly a pivatol character near the end and I could not care less that he is gone in series 9, I mean his only contribution was comic releif now and again. This had got a bit tirseome.

Here is a good example if you remeber the episode where Ball is torturing him and bringing him back to life again and again, he sees Daniel when he goes back to his cell you know the episode I mean.

Now think back on the episode in the next genreration where picard was being tortured by the cardasian asking him how many lights there were. Which character demonstrated a more realistic impression of torture?

But their constant re hasshing of old ideas was a joke....once in awhile was fine but there was a poor attempt at continuing the main theme. "Hey that episdoe got good ratings lets do something similar again" Some new ideas please!!.

In saying that I have seen the first 7 eps of series 9 and the changes have been savage!!!!!

It appears they lost allot of the dead weight and hopefully some of it was those two terrible writers they took on after a few series and that creative consultant/producer/director whose name I cant think of.

Advertisement