Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

k700i

• 04-09-2005 2:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

k700i is only 149 on meteor payg :eek: discuss

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

What do ya want to know? It's a great phone, have one a couple of moths. What are we discussing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

im just shocked that it was only 149 thats all. the cheapest speakeasy phone with bluetooth is 299

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Im shocked its €149 too. i payed €299 for it sim free in janruary. its a dam good fone at a dam good price.
    my advice is go and get it if you cant afford either the S700i or the K750i/W800i

im just shocked that it was only 149 thats all. the cheapest speakeasy phone with bluetooth is 299

Ah I understand you now! I got mine for 129 off eBay, new from a lad in Finland. It's a great phone, id recommend it to anyone. Good price for all the credit you'll get with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 smeg_for_brains

Hi Spartacus,

I cannot get MMS to work on my K700i even though I downloaded the settings from the meteor site, and the also sent them to me. The settings on the IRISH OPERATOR SETTINGS thread do not help.
    I was wondering if you would be so kind as to check the MMS account settings on your phone and let me know what I have to change. I try to use the Meteor MMS account and my settings are currently:

Connect using: Meteor MMS
    Internet mode: WAP
    IP address: 010.085.085.085
    Security: off
    Username and password: both blank

And the settings for the data account Metoer MMS are:

APN: mms.meteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: not shown (probably “MMS”)
    Password request: off
    Allow codes: automatic
    IP address: blank
    DNS address: blank
    Data compr: off
    Header compr: off

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

WARNING: Dumb question follows...

I need a new handset, can I walk into meteor and get one of these and throw my O2 SIM into it? If I need to get it unlocked, what's the story there?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

You have to sign up for a one year contract with Meteor with one of their price plans.

Not on a Pay As You Go phone though, right?

Enygma wrote:
    Not on a Pay As You Go phone though, right?

No I wouldn't think so, no. But as far as I know they cannot be unlock remotely, you'll have to bring them to some shop that does them. Lots of kind people around here have the gear and would be sure to help you out. Search for unlocking and you will get more info.

Went in and checked it out with Meteor, it's only available as an upgrade on pay as you go.

Ironically I'm getting the K750i tomorrow for the same price with Meteor on bill, switching over from 02 cause my contracts expired. Funny old game eh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement