Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: 1X19 - "Deus Ex Machina" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Good
    tvnutz wrote:
    Samuel L Jackson will NOT be in Lost! That was just a rumour someone made up. He will not be on the show.
    I guess the Mapinguari "Preview" at www.lostlinks.net has the Samuel L Jackson bit added as a piss-take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Average
    OFDM wrote:
    I guess the Mapinguari "Preview" at www.lostlinks.net has the Samuel L Jackson bit added as a piss-take?
    How did you not get that?!... :D....

They used his Ezekial 25:17 speech from Pulp Fiction.. all a big piss-take!

Good
    basquille wrote:
    How did you not get that?!... :D....

They used his Ezekial 25:17 speech from Pulp Fiction.. all a big piss-take!
    I knew the clip was from Pulp Fiction but I'm having a slow night. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

OFDM wrote:
    It's VERY simple. Boone says:

"Hello. We're survivors of THE CRASH of Oceanic Flight 815. Please copy."

The radio voice says:
    "Hello. We're THE survivors of Oceanic Flight 815."

There's also added emphasis on "We're" in the radio voice's response.

Clearly there's is no possible way these two sentences could be the same. Also the full transcript of the conversation is:

Boone: Hello. Hello. Anybody out there? Mayday mayday.
    Radio voice: Is someone there?
    Boone Hello. Hello! Can you hear me?
    Radio voice: Repeat the transmission please.
    Boone. Hello. We're survivors of the crash of Oceanic Flight 815. Please copy.
    Radio voice. Hello. We're the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815.

When does Boone say "Is someone there?" or "Repeat the transmission please."???

That shoots down the argument of a reflection right there.

no... i have to give you that...i had a bad copy of an mp3 which went:

'we're the survive(then some static)anic flight 815.'

just listened to your mp3 zip and its a lot clearer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Good
    OFDM wrote:

Lol,of course it was a piss take! hilarious one as well! :D couldn't stop laughing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭saintsaucey

I know this thread is practicly dead and burried but I just thought I'd mention that I was watching Star Trek Voyager with a buddy of mine the other day and he idly mentioned dues ex defflectordish. When I asked what he meant he said that there is an old litterary tool that writers use when the have gotten their characters in an unsolvable problem it's called "dues ex machina" or "the hand of God" since i hadn't seen any post stating the translation of the phrase thank you and good night

Good
    I know this thread is practicly dead and burried but I just thought I'd mention that I was watching Star Trek Voyager with a buddy of mine the other day and he idly mentioned dues ex defflectordish. When I asked what he meant he said that there is an old litterary tool that writers use when the have gotten their characters in an unsolvable problem it's called "dues ex machina" or "the hand of God" since i hadn't seen any post stating the translation of the phrase thank you and good night
    Deus Ex Machina means "God from the machine" - nothing about hands there, but otherwise you got the jist of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina

Advertisement