Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Launch titles

Options
  • 04-09-2005 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe there's a thread on this already but I was just wondering what people thought of the PSP launch titles.

I'm particulalrly interested in opinions on Metal Gear Acid, MediEvil and Wipeout Fusion.

I'm thinking about getting a PSP but I'm not sure yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

good but nothing im excited about, ive got thug and ridge racer, but am wondering whether to get either mga, virtua tennis or everybodys golf, or just wait for madden:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

I have wipeout, its quite excellent really especially if you liked the earlier incarnations of the series. Plus there's all that downloadable content for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't bother with MediEvil. It's a port of a PS1 game that wasn't very good to begin with.

Metal Gear Acid isn't to everybodies tastes. It's a 'try before you buy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I can't reccomend Wipeout enough. You'll be playing for ages to try and complete and it's an excellent multiplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I liked Everybody's Golf while I was playing it in HMV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

MGA and Wipeout Pure are good and great (in that order).

Ridge Racer is fantastic and dont forget burnout is coming out in a week or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Just rent them out in xtravision b4 splashing out (havent rented a game yet myself but someone said in another thread that xtravision are renting games)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Metal Gear Acid takes a lot of getting used to, wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it. I absolutely love Wipeout. I've yet to try Medievil, but I think it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Wipeout is great....very addictive

Ridge Racer is my favoutite, and insanely addictive.

Got Lumines on Friday and again, its very easy to get hooked.

Everbody Golf, is supposed to be superb.

Personally, I cant wait for October when GTA Liberty City Stories is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Lemlin wrote:
    Maybe there's a thread on this already but I was just wondering what people thought of the PSP launch titles.

I'm particulalrly interested in opinions on Metal Gear Acid, MediEvil and Wipeout Fusion.

I'm thinking about getting a PSP but I'm not sure yet.

Wipeout is good, MGA is crap, nothing like and a boring tactical game not a patch on the likes of UFO, ridge racer is good but way over rated, unless your a big ridge racer fan.

The big stars of PSP are Everyone golf, Virtual tennis, and Lumines, and ofcoure all the emulation games if your lucky enought to have <=1.5 PSP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I got Virtua Tennis i was not expecting it to be so good and it is very addictive.

I also got Mercury which is really addicitive and has that feel that even when you beat a leve you want to go back and try it again to get a higher score.

Xtra vision are renting the games and movies on UMD they charge 5.25 to rent a movie for one night to me that seems a bit odd but you never know.

For the games you can rent a game for 1-2-3 & 7 nights from 5.25 ro 10euro for a whole week which is prett good value i think.

the only thing is the games shoud be cheaper instead of 50-55 they should be 44.95 in argos they have them priced at this price.

In hmv if you sign up to their new reward card you get nearly a 1000 points if you register and buy a game i think this is worth 10euro.

I'm really looking forward to Burnout Legends as it seems like a best of in the series and Takedown is a classic.

Also Lemmings is coming back in November, memories of my Amiga days there, this version is going back to the 2d scrolling viewpoint and the screenshots i have seen look very crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

virtua tennis is the best

Advertisement