Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and other pc games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,348 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Unfortunately I'll need a whole new PC if I want to play it. But I think it might be being released on Xbox 360, so I might get one.

Slurms wrote:
    Unfortunately I'll need a whole new PC if I want to play it. But I think it might be being released on Xbox 360, so I might get one.
    ya its coming out for xbox360

im looking very foward to it

the screen shots look great

Yeah, they do. Oblivion and Gothic III are prolly the 2 games I'm looking forward to most at the moment. Though like I said I need a new uber-rig :(

Slurms wrote:
    Yeah, they do. Oblivion and Gothic III are prolly the 2 games I'm looking forward to most at the moment. Though like I said I need a new uber-rig :(
    you should try dell out let mall

• Advertisement

I should try getting a job first :p

But yeah the XPS' look quite nice.

Slurms wrote:
    I should try getting a job first :p

But yeah the XPS' look quite nice.
    Dell told me there having problems at the factory with xps
    so i had to go for 8400 which i got on the cheap

does any one know whens the release date for elder scrolls

Q4 2005 according to Gamespress, but I'd say Play have it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Does anyone know any of the system requirements are for Oblivion, obviously one needs a tank of a computer but im buying a new PC soon and want to see what i will require to run Oblivion.

there are no confirmed specs but I reckon they'll be pretty high.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

there aint no way in hell this will be out by christmas. i'd say summer 2006. and i really hope the dont "x-box" it :(

It must be massive, considering that its been in development since Summer of 2002.

pc gamer have a demo of black and white 2 coming out on around the 30 of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

cant wait :D i love morrowind (never played the first 2 but heard they r good) was always annoying by reading so much text but atleat oblivion is all speech now, cant wait to see on big it will be to install :P

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Damn, had me excited for a second with the 30th September release date... :(

Yeah this is the game I'm most looking forward to in the coming months. Loved Morrowind, if it's anything near as good as that I'll be completely addicted.

Not sure whether I'll go for the PC or XBox 360 version, wonder if there'll be much difference in the visuals. My computer will probably only play it low to medium graphic settings, so maybe the XBox is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

with the pc version u can play the mods that will surely follow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Not sure whether I'll go for the PC or XBox 360 version, wonder if there'll be much difference in the visuals. My computer will probably only play it low to medium graphic settings, so maybe the XBox is the way to go.

But its first person...go with Pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

http://www.waiting4oblivion.com/

This is your new homepage, until ES:IV Oblivion comes out anyway.

Zillah wrote:
    But its first person...go with Pc.
    pc all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Hmm I asked the same question when Morrowind was due out but I had an older PC at the time... will I have to upgrade? I can run doom3 well enough on my p4 2.4ghz with 512 ram and gf4 ti4200.

At least its coming out at the same time as Quake4... my two favourite series, TES and Quake, I suppose that warrants a new PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I'd definitely prefer the PC version over the console version any day, but like alot of people I might be forced to get it on the XBox 360 if the numbers on the back of the box make my PC look obsolete.

There's a few forum threads around that have been speculating as to the requirements, but that's all it is, speculation. Alot of people have been comparing it to Doom 3 and reckon the requirements will be similar, but I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

meh I need a new pc anyway... >"<

i just got the demo fear the other day

its ****ing class mg the graphics are jaw dropping good

Advertisement