Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trainers - Adidas or K-Swiss

• 04-09-2005 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a new pair of runners this week. Would be worn mostly with jeans - just a pair to wear to college or down to the local etc. Have it down to two pairs that I'm looking at...

Adidas (can be seen at http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/item_main_frameset.asp?s_ref=340390 )which are €105 in Footlocker and can be got with blue stripes instead of red (altho I think the red looks better).

K-Swiss (can be seen at http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/item_main_frameset.asp?s_ref=341077 ) which are about €80 in Footlocker.

I prefer the Adidas but they're expensive and alot of people seem to have them. Which do people think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

I see the K-Swiss much more often tbh.
    Just get whichever ones you prefer...so if it's the Adidas, then get them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Go for the K-Swiss, they look much nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭How U Like That

go for the "K-Swiss" they look way better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Go to Schuh better value and comfort for about€70

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

I've seen Schuh in Galway. Do they have stores in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Neither, get a comfy pair of skate shoes :p .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd go with the Adidas. Don't think the picture there does them justice and that's why people have said get the K-Swiss. The K-Swiss are very plain if you ask me.

According to the site, there are Schuh stores on O'Connell Street and in the Jervis Centre. Not sure whereabouts in either though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Schuh in the Jervis centre is upstairs near escalator up to the food court I think, haven't been in there in a while.

On O'Connell St it's on the same side as the GPO, before you come to the GPO if you're walking up from the quays

There's also a store in Liffey Valley

Oh and of those 2 I prefer the adidas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Personal opinion, all white runners are just so manky looking, and no matter how much money you spend, will always look cheap.

I'd not like either pair, but if I was pushed, I'd plump for the adidas, at least they have a bit of colour. Have a bit of balls about you and go for something that isn't so mundane. check out the adidas Gerd Muller (also on the schuh website) in the royal blue colour. I've seen them in the shops and that blue colour is just stunning, a real stand out. Very nice indeed.

Sorry mate but the Gerd Mullers are a bit too funky for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I have the adidas goodyear trainers , but will be buying a pair of ksiss style trainer , maybe lacoste because there so much more comfy no other reason !

Personal opinion, all white runners are just so manky looking, and no matter how much money you spend, will always look cheap.

Have to agree :o . Not my taste at all, trainers are pretty bad, but completely white ones hurt my eyes >.<.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i am switchin between a pair of good year and k-swiss at the minute and tbh the adidas are covered easier by jeans but the kswiss are a tad more comfie so i suppose its up to u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Of the two I'd say go for the Adidas, just because those particular Kswiss are far too plain for my own liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Of the 2, the Adidas, more colour. What about Nike Air Force 1?

842.jpg

I have a pair of these, very comfy. Oh yeah I put purple laces in mine, so if you see anyone with them it's me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

trainers? :eek: i always thought that of a british word! lol! i prefer d word runners!! ok get the addidas!there cul!the kswiss are boring lukin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Going for the skanger look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The K-Swiss are nice and as they are white the will go with more then the adiddas will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

Get the adidas I have a pair dead comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Am a fan of K Swiss myself.. Had the same as those only all in white..

Air Force 1s are dope..

• Advertisement

A mate reckons I can get the Adidas in Heatons for €90 so think I'm getting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

The K-Swiss are skanger shoes, the Addidas ones might just about be acceptable, but have to agree with whoever said it, white runners look crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

White runners are for Knackers.

White runners are for Knackers.

Really wanted to say this but wasnt sure :o .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

d4gurl wrote:
    trainers? :eek: i always thought that of a british word! lol! i prefer d word runners!! ok get the addidas!there cul!the kswiss are boring lukin!
    trainers is more of an american word if any, runners being english/irish etc.

wouldn't go for either tbh but then again it's up to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

In fairness mate, if you're living in Ireland, buying white trainers coming into the winter is suicidal. Gerd Mullers are nice, but are a slipper-type trainer, no use for the winter IMO.

Try Office in Garfton Street, they have the adidas winter range, including All Round Black, and All Black, at least one of which I think are also stocked by Schuh.

But don't go for white. :(

In fairness, I think the Irish weather will wreck any pair, no matter what colour.

I'd be more inclined to go for a brown pair like the Kickers prefab at http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/male_main_frameset.html which you could at least get into some nightclubs with as they look like shoes.

Advertisement