Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will they?/Won't They?

• 04-09-2005 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently at the start of a new season with Celtic coming of the back of a very successful season. I've managed to tie up alot of contracts that had a year left on them bar 2.

Mido gives me his wage demands, i offer him what he wants and he rejects it. Kalou is not interested in renewing his contract but is enthusiastic about his future at the club. Both will be key to another successful season in my mind, so do i flog them now or wait and see will they sign a new contract.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

You could try offering them a deal with high goal & assist bonuses as opposed to high wages. In the mean time look around for suitable replacements...coz you never know.For the Kalou problem, try releasing a media story about how good his recent performances were and he might like you more :D if that doesn't work it might attract attention from potential buyers. Let me know how it turns out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

All my players love me!! :p I'll have to wait till Kalou has a little better form. 8-7-10-7-7 puts him 6th in line for praising. :D I wouldn't mind offloading Mido but nobody wants him (Offered him 3 times to Major continental clubs & Suggested Clubs). Kalou is important as I sold Mario Santana and my AMR has no depth. I have players that can play there but they are stronger elsewhere.

I could offer players 100,000 a week and I'm 1.4m under budget p/w but I want to reduce my wage bill cos I'm only breaking even every month because Real Madrid owe me 2.5m p/m for van der Vaart and that ends in 3 months.

I'll get back to ya. Kalou might be holding out till Christmas to get a good contract. I convinced him to take a wage drop to join Celtic, maybe he's a little pissed about it :) Mido is just a greedy little egyptian like Zidan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Maybe consider changing your formation to one without wingers....so you won't need Kalou at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Wingers are MANDATORY :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I be more into selling them. Get the money and then try and find cheap replacements. Celtic just dont make any money so you need to buy cheap good players then sell them a year latter for a nice proffit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm never EVER gonna change my formation:) Its not broke so I'm not going to fix it.

I'll get to the January Transfer window, and if he doesnt change his tune, ill flog him.

Advertisement