Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A little something to cheer up Liverpool fans.

• 04-09-2005 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

26 megs of Steven Gerrard Goals Ignore the "Hollywood-epic" soundtrack and love those volleys! :)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I know the goal against Olympiacos meant so much more, but I still say the goal against Middlesbrough was far better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

great site!
    Just got Broadband a while ago and was hoping for somewhere like this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

That was a great compilation but you wont beat the cisse one that guy put together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've seen the Cisse vid now what i want to see is the same thing in a red shirt!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Do you know the name of the song in that (Cisse) video?

Id love to see him do it ina red shirt too, and im sure he will.

• Advertisement

Nope.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

where's the cisse one guys that gerald one is total 1st class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

where's the cisse one guys that gerald one is total 1st class.

It might be this one (I haven't watched it yet :p)

http://www.footballclips.net/node/1416

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah the Cisse one is genius...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Both vid's are good. I hope Cisse will start doing that for us more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

the mantra of a liverpool fan, when things are bad or theres a bad situation we refer to glorys and achievments of the past :rolleyes:

Watched the cisse vid, really professional production. the goals wernt bad either, but over-all prefered the gerald one.

Hey lads its great being the European Champions isn't it! European Champions ! brilliant wha??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

its still a great feelin just had a long conversation about winnin the cup...savage stuff...like the vids ..keep up the good work

thats a classic sig! simpsons huh that'll never catch on.

el rabitos wrote:
    the mantra of a liverpool fan, when things are bad or theres a bad situation we refer to glorys and achievments of the past :rolleyes:

enjoy these then (and turn down your speakers!)

http://www.apdh00.dsl.pipex.com/Spanish-Gerrard.mp3
    http://www.apdh00.dsl.pipex.com/Spanish-Alonso.mp3
    http://www.apdh00.dsl.pipex.com/Spanish-Smicer.mp3

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

enjoy these then (and turn down your speakers!)

unless those are 3 clips from the future where gerrard, alonso and a returning smicer are seen lifting the premiership and/or the champions league trophy again i'm not interested tbh

i think man u and the rest were given 15 years or so to catch up with our record number of leagues...so hit us up with some clips of pool winning the premiership and i'll be full of smiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

fyi hashslinging its spelt : Gerrard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

aaannnnnnoooooottttttthhhhhheeeeerrrrrr random Liverpool thread!!! thats what this forum needed! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

This is not a random thread. The video on Cisse is important input into the current debate going on about the player, within the club, the fan base and the press. ie: Is Cisse good enough?

The basis for his cost 14m was that he was a very good player and finisher. Looking at this video evidence (15 MB http://www.footballclips.net/node/1416 ) there are some glimpses of that. There are a few deft finishes, a chip over the keeper, the types of finishes that he has so far not shown for Liverpool and also recently not for France.

Perhaps the player has changed, perhaps it is a confidence thing, perhaps he is trying too hard, trying to blast a shot too early rather than take it an extra yard and beat the keeper, or chip him, feint and side foot past him or slide it under him. These videos are also highlights, they dont show the player making mistakes, or how often as a percentage they make them, or how many times the player scores given the chances he has been in a position to exploit, whether by his own endeavour or as a result of the team. Also interesting to see him out on the wing on a cople of occasions n his pre-Liverpool days.

My thoughts on Cisse after seeing this video havent changed. He is a fast explosive player, relying on speed and mainly blasting his shots. He needs to get back some of his deft touch, perhaps with benitez + staff coaching and his confidence coming back after the broken leg incident (clearly shown in the video clip by the way). Lets give him a good run of games this season, and see how he does. I think he deserves more of a chance than Morientes, who to me has been given his chance.

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Anyone know where i can get a vid of cisses goals from the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Well done Redspider you said what most Liverpool fans feel. I believe Cisse will become one of the biggest assets to LFC and will command up front for the club for many years to come, or at least i hope he is givin the opportunity to. He has a great love for the game and also for the club. you only have to look at his celebrations after the super cup and champions league to see that. also, he definitely has class. just look at his performance for France this week.

Advertisement