Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medium starts this week

• 04-09-2005 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

The supernatural drama starring Patricia Arquette starts this Wednesday on BBC 1 at around 11:30 (or 11 if you don't have BBC NI) and I've heard is on tuesday at Midnight on RTE 2. I have to say I was really looking forward to seeing this but I'm annoyed it's gotten such a bad slot. What do you lot think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's one show this year that seemed to have gotten a lot of mixed reactions. Never seen it myself so can't judge.

But to be honest, that's a pretty typical slot for a show that hasn't generated much buzz on either sides of the water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

I was under the impression it had done very well in the states, and I've heard alot of good things about it. It sounds like something fit for a decent slot especially considering the success of Lost and Desperate Housewives. Was surprised the Irish slot was so bad, though RTE might have a bit more sense, they're usually pretty good with imports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

'Medium' is starting tomorrow, Tuesday September 6 on both BBC1 and RTE1.

BBC1 @ 11.05pm (11.35pm on BBC NI)

RTE1 @ 12.05am (ok technically Wednesday)

Not really sure if anyone will notice it on either schedule, but at least the UK TV magazines are highlighting the BBC launch a bit, whereas there's nothing on the Irish front (that I've seen).

I'm looking forward to seeing it - heard good things about it and at least it's not cancelled already :)

It did well enough in the US to get early renewal after just four weeks on TV plus three extra episodes ordered for Season 1 (from 13 to 16), and reviews have generally been positive, particularly for Patricia Arquette's lead performance.

It might end up being a grower in a poor slot, then launching in a better one for S2? It's almost like having another hit show on RTE is too much for them after DH and Lost :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've seen the first season and I enjoyed it. It's not quite what people may expect - there's a mixture of supernatural elements, police investigation, and family drama. None of the three have any particular precedence. The acting style is also quite interestingly toned down generally and it's never overly dramatic in its presentation (bar visions) whch helps lend it a somewhat 'realistic' tone that could otherwise have been lost.

Certainly give it a look. Not the best program to come from the US last year but certainyl quite a decent effort.

Watched the pilot last night - it was decent enough. Not the best pilot ever by a wide margin, but certainly not off-putting for the series in general. I liked Patricia, but didn't care too much for the husband; his hair or their chemistry ;)

The focus of the pilot was a little muddled, and it felt rushed when she got the consultancy in her home town, but at least it's out of the way I guess. I liked the repartee with the Texas Ranger, hopefully he'll be back. Seems odd that he got so much more development in the pilot than most of the regular cast.

Overall, I'm looking forward to next week, but wouldn't rank it as must-see based solely on the pilot.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know why BBC skipped ep #3 last week, and if RTE showed ep #3 last week?

Allison has a dream of a husband and wife committing a murder/suicide. D.A. Devalos introduces her to a friend of his, Detective Lee Scanlon, whose sister and brother in-law's deaths were also ruled a murder/suicide, and sees a connection. After learning about Allison's methods of investigation, Scanlon decides he doesn't want her help.

Perhaps BBC skipped it because it was murder/suicide, but it was on at midnight so any reason to not air it is hard to swallow. I'll be annoyed if they don't show it at all, should've stuck with RTE, even with ad breaks :mad:

Ep #4 that BBC showed instead 'Hour of the Wolf' wasn't very good, easily the weakest of the lot so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

It looks like the BBC are showing them in production order (see http://www.epguides.com/Medium), they are scheduled to show ep. 6 tonight then ep. 10 next week...

I rang them last week and asked them about it but all they seemed to know was that they were definitely going to show all the episodes...

RTÉ did show ep. 3 last week, looks like they are continuing in the broadcast order.

Cheers for the info ^^^^^ :)

I'm glad they're going to show all the eps. So far there's not much in the way of ongoing plots, but I guess I'd like to think that there'd be some movement on that front that episode order would matter.

At least it's just going to be episodes 1-10 then get the major reshuffle, and then 14/15 get swapped around, but the finale is going to be ep #16 either way.

Advertisement