Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game/Compsoc ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

yeah, had a brief talk with balkie.. can chat with ye tomorrow at 5 if ye like... myself and mermiss are meeting to do some general admin stuff on the new server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Yeah have class till 5 so should be around, i'll round up the rest of them too and try get this sorted out.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

It's sorted, 5 o clock today, 3rd floor of the LRC, near the window (Where no-one will see the kilings :)) Talk then...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Kentar

Hmmm..... Killings? eh... yes that might be feasible!

Kentar wrote:
    Hmmm..... Killings? eh... yes that might be feasible!

Wow your third post, adn all of them have a sarcastic ring to them. It realy is you Kentar... :)

So we met up, and sorted a few things out. What we talked about? I don't have a clue, you have to ask balkie that... :) J/K On a serious note, we have discussed a few topics with the netsoc guys, a new addfree forums for us gamers to discuss various topics. Cheers s4dd :)

A meeting with the techies has been arranged tomorrow. Keep you updated soon. Hope to have some good news tomorrow. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

now, that wasnt so hard, was it? :)

I really am glad ye could come to that kind of arangement, netsoc is a great resource to have while compsoc is a great place to relax.

With that in mind, I'd like to publicly apologise to Iamxavier for suggesting he might have taken over compsoc without the peoples consent, I obviously didnt have all the facts and jumped to conclusions.

On that note, stevenk did take over without anyones permisson, but I guess in the end he did a better job than I ever did, and he'll be the first to say so :P

Though I dont quite see how starcraft destroys compsoc, purely because its a game some people dont like or cant get into. It definitely kept at least 16 members of compsoc entertained for a full year and in fairness at the time, 16 members was 2/3's of the society :D

With that in mind, we also managed to get Warcraft III working, I still have a copy of the version that will work there but I dont think it would work out too well. The game itself, while quite enjoyable, is damn difficult for newbies to pick up and play and I dont think it would go down too well...

Operation flashpoint should be around some place too, Battlefield 1942 and a copy of the new unreal tournament should be in my possesion also. If/when I come up to carlow at some point, I'll try wing a copy of these games to ye, though purely in a non-illegal way.

And with that, I really am glad that you guys can work together instead of fighting each other on this, ye'll all be alot better off for it.

Oh, and I've said it before and I'll say it again, compsoc is just for games but as soon as you admit otherwise, bad things happen :o

i hope ivan will be given an open invitation to compsoc evenings so he can school you all in the ways of the RTS.. also, i _still_ owe him a DoW asskicking....

...oh yes, i went there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

You forgot to mention school them in CS, AGAIN! haha, I made a funny. But seriously, all who oppose me will die horribly :p

P.s. its too late s3dd, yes, I went there :p I've given up on DoW, the game just isnt balanced, of course that wont stop me from raping you up and down the place, and not just in a sexual way, either ;)

well i guess i'm going to have to use my uber "IPX" skills and show the compsocers how to set up Red Alert2 then... my RTS-foo is strong with that one.

also, it's only deemed "rape" when it's non-consentual...

RTS's wont be played. It's impossible to run compsoc with those type of games. It simply won't happen. Last year we had 30-40 people playing some nights. The year before some people had to wait for a computer to be free. I love RTS's but it simply wont be fair on anyone, those games can go for hours... People will get bored if they have to wait to get in.

BF 1942 is ok. The weapons are way off and seriously unbalanced. I would like to see it work and will give it a try. (Have a copy of that one ;))

Operation flashpoint is another one of those brilliant games that more than likely won't work. It takes alot of patients, but again we will give it a shot. (Hav that too)

Thanks for the offers Ivan, but we have the games you have listed already. :)

I think we are going to get alot of new members this year but I would also like to see some of the old members back. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

2 rooms of carnage?! :D

i saw operation flashpoint working at some stage last year, ive never played it but am looking forward to!!!

the whole third floor of the LRC?!

That's an idea... :) Well the graphic cards are so much better than in 307. Well the only problem is there's no sound for some reason, it would be good if we could switch the computers and download the sound drivers, but that ain't going to happen. :( Ah well...

I was checking in 307 yesterday and saw the drivers were released in 2003 on those pcs, its possible if they were upgraded to get some of the later end games working at lower details such as serious sam 2 co-op etc..

Ok, we have a forums sorted thanks to s4dd. Take a look if ye dare. Still needs a few tweeks and the like.

http://www.bitbucket.ie/~compsoc

bump for the sake of it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

what do y'all do at compsoc?

have LAN parties mainly. Actually at the moment that's all we do. We play Call of Duty, Counterstrike Source and doom 3 mainly, but we are working on a few other games. Its great craic and we always get around 40 people up on a night...

We had about 60+ at the start which was mental, had to use 2 rooms. :-)

so it could be called "gamesoc"?

could/should... really it should... for certain it should. all the other colleges have their "gamesocs" after all.. you'd possibly get more members if you DID call it gamesoc

• Advertisement

i'd have joined, i thought it was an elite comp soc type thing

yes.. so rename already

we should hand an official partition to them

do you mean "petition"?

yep i did i was just thing about that when i saw a new poster on the thread

yes.. enough of these spam posts now.... chripes, you should have joined netsoc so you could just come on irc and chat.

i'm knocking about in the cookoos nest too long, but this is the most action that the board has seen in days

this is because everyone is either talking on irc on netsoc or on the new forums that compsoc have (had) set up..

Unhappy paul... very unhappy... The guy only joined us and you try to take him away... tut tut. :)

Seriously though, there is a reason why we are not called "gamesoc", I thought you knew why s4dd... anyway it's all politics which isn't interesting... meh, cheerio auld chaps.

• Advertisement

i'm not taking anyone away! you can join both socs you know....

and name one bit of the "Politics" involved that can't be changed like *snaps fingers* that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement