Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game/Compsoc ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The whole "no game to be played on the computers" We shouldn't be officially be viewed as a gaming society, things get a little messy. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

yeah, no dice.. considering you set yourself on public forums and on clubs and socs day telling everyone "WE ONLY PLAY GAMES" that excuse isn't going to fly any more... do you have another reason? is that the only one? cause i bet you five minutes with the admins and i can sort you out politically with the use of the name "gamesoc"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

we could/should/would but we probably wont, since we are all a bunch of lazy ****ers. its not that big a deal anyway. if you joined up on clubs soc day, you could see it was a games society, rather then a computer society.

but we'll have a vote on the forums (compsoc forums) if people want one.

at a certain point it isn't just about ye.... for the greater good the name should be changed.

Paul the only reason I see why we should change the name is because you want to change from netsoc to compsoc...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Thats true but he been building netsoc over the past 2 years so he would hardly wanna destroy his own creation... or would he:D

As for name change doesnt really bother me as either way we have members for this year so if any changes happen it will be towards the latter end of the year or preperations for next year.

xavier, you have been nothing but flippant, dismissive and rude in this matter.. so guess what? do whatever the hell you want to do.

Can't we all just get along??? :(

"that is a load of BS... it should change.. and if ye want it to, it will change."

I recall you starting the rudness s4dd... Now lets bicker like little kids over the most irrelivant subject ever. As you admit to not wanting the name, why all the defence and upstedness???

my reference to "BS" was in reference to a case where the only thing that was holding you back was the fact that you might not be allowed... which wasn't in question, and as apposed to meaning offence, was ment to encourage.

the only defence you have seen from me is slight disgust over your handling of the matter considering you supposed "offical" position. now have the last word and lets leave it at this okay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

ah snowball effect, just thinking about it, if its called gamesoc it would have the potential to be overrun by pro evo wasters, at least the netsoc guise is a nice filter, thoughts?

• Advertisement

Ok ok, it's compsoc not netsoc... ;) and we have no intention in playing pro evolution whatever... Compsoc is somthing that people know. Many of which don't have a damn clue what netsoc is... The topic of conversation is not exactly one that should end up the way it did, but none the less it has...

hang on....why dont we have any intention of playeing pro evo?? its a good, and very popular game. now im not a big fan of it, but 8 player on the projector would be a great laugh, and it wouldn't be too hard to get it set up either. we cant just shoot these idea's down, cause we dont personally like the game...

now as to the name change, it probably wont happen. the topic on the compsoc forums turned a bit hectic, so i locked it. if we wanna discuss it again, it'll be done in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Pro evo is an excellent game. As soccer games go it's by far the best one out.
    Kicks FIFA's ass!!! And as I said on the compsoc forum..... I've got a multitap ya can borrow if yee do wanna set up 8 player.

Compsoc is gaming, if you are interested in technical mumbo jumbo then join netsoc.

So hows about you get off your high horse xavier? it's been said..

Sorry, for some reason I had a differant idea. Yea the multi-tap would be a great idea, we have to sort out a link cable. I will talk to the SU prez today and try sort something out. Don't get me wrong I love fifa and the likes but I was thinking form a differant point of view. We could try to get it sorted for next monday but wednesday looks more doable...

there's no college on monday or tuesday so wednesday would be the better option

it'd probably be the week after then, since we'd need to organise the ps2/multi-tap/controllers etc... and since we are off monday and tuesday, we probably couldnt do it in a day. we'll let people know when we can get it working.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

compsoc has a ps2 dosent it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

was there a pro evo society in recent years???

as mentioned above with the current name, some gamers might not want to join a compsoc. but if it were gamesoc they would rush through the doors! so there is a possibility of an actual, fully fledged gaming society starting up and rivaling(is that a word?) compsoc?

well just let me know when ya want the multitap and I'll bring it in and I do believe TomTom is right. Compsoc SHOULD have a PS2 somewhere. Don't know where it is now but they definetly bought one awhile back.

• Advertisement

hmm, i'll have a look into finding this ps2 then. i'll check with the techies and the SU. maybe the ps2 that the games course have is the one compsoc used to have?

In the 3 years I have been in Compsoc I have never seen this PS2...

Jumper dude, that's like saying what if there were 2 pool societies, just doesn't happen. i couldn't see the techies giving 2 nights. Anyway with the name Compsoc, people will know which society to go for... ;)

If we can't find the PS2 I will bring my own and some controllers. We need people to bring in more controllers and the multi-tap, thanks.

Ask stevenk he'll remember having the PS2 I'd say ........ for some reason Ivan(Ciaran) keeps coming to mind when I wonder where it is? TomTom is it possible that Ivan has it? And as for the multitap just say when and 1 more question, could I bring in a non member to show him what compsoc is like?

ah i'd like to think i started this ps2 debate, lol. i f there is one thing i do its keep the post flowing into the itc thread love me (you already do)

Yea cool, bring him up. Compsoc always generates a few non-members. We don't have a problem with it.

I can't say for certain when we will be using the consoles. We are still trying to get some games working and setteling members into those games.

I would very much like to have the consoles running ASAP, but it may take some time i'm afraid, we will keep ye up to date.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

There definatly was a ps2 given to compsoc by the SU but i don't have a clue who has it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

ahh the ps2
    i think i left it in rorys house 2 years ago, ill ask him :P

Pff i'll just bring in my chippied ps2 as that way we have very much unlimited choice of game including of course the aforementioned pro evo (or winning eleven ;))

i've played your winning eleven the refs are a bit over the top aren't they? so you pc gamer (me too) are coming out of the closet?

• Advertisement

Aye we come outta the closet every mon and wed @ compsoc ;)

Have yet to try pro evo 5 so nothing to compare to but while refs are strict it depends of the ref ya pick!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement