Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Quality "In Ear" earphones

Options
  • 04-09-2005 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    After my 3rd pair of Sony Fontopias stopped working (same as the rest, the right ear stopped producing sound), I have to get a new pair.

I'm thinking along the lines of Shure and Eptonics (spelling?). I want a good pair but I don't want to spend too much. I'm not prepared to spend $500 on the Shure E5 series for example, however if I'm getting a pair like the Shure E3 which cost aboout $130 and if the Shure E4 series are much better than I would prefer to spend the extra $50 and get these. If they aren't worth the extra $50 I'd be happy with the E3's.

Any advice appreciated. I don't really know about Eptonics, how do these compare to Shure? I know I definitely want a pair of In Ear phones so it's really just up to Shure and Eptonics.

I really don't have the money to be spending on something like this but it's essential for me so I have to and don't want to risk another pair of Fontopia. I've always said to myself my next pair are going to be Shure/Eptonics too.

Any feedback appreciated, thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

e3 are supposed to be the best value for money when you get to "good" quality earphones. I have a pair and they are much nicer that e2c and generally nifty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Ordered a set of E3's from http://www.earphonesolutions.com/ two weeks ago and they arrived last week. They also marked the package $8.50 so I didn't get stung for customs tax. Just go for them. They get excellent reviews no matter where you look. Haven't had the chance to use them yet because I've been too busy with my new PSP! They should be the ideal companion for my PSP and my iRiver H140.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'll be using them on my H-140 too:)

How much did they end up being from earphonesolutions after delivery in Euros aaf?

They work out about $30 cheaper before delivery from earplugstore. I'm not sure how it works out after delivery but the fact earphonesolutions will mark it as $8 is good.

I've narrowed it down to:

around €100 to spend: Etymotic ER6i or Shure E3
    around €200 to spend: Etymotic ER4p or Shure E4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

cormie wrote:
    I'll be using them on my H-140 too:)

How much did they end up being from earphonesolutions after delivery in Euros aaf?
    Worked out at about €115 iirc. Go for it!! :D

Advertisement