Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Care

Options
  • 04-09-2005 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem. Beer was leaked all over my seats and carpet and i have no idea how to clean it. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

If they are cloth seats, shampoo them asap-or your car will reek, it would be worth paying €60-90 for a proper interior valet if you can afford it.some one spilt beer all over the back seat of a car I had years ago, I left it slide for a few days, and it took ages for the stink of stale beer to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Grimes,

My Dad had a mishap with a can of wood preserver coming back from a DIY shop. The big can spilt and filled up the entire passenger footwell with a puddle of paint. Needless to say he was distraught about it!

He got it valeted - and was absolutely amazed!! Spick and span!
    So, if you have 70 euros .. and there is a lot of staining .. I would go with the experts. They know what to use to remove stubborn marks etc.

B

[edit] and Glynf is right! Anyone who has put bottles or cans for recycling in their boot and forgot to frop 'em off for a few days. Pong is awful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Vanish, or any of those household stain remover products would be a good place to start if you don't want to get a proper valet, shake-n-vac may help too.

edit: kinda depends how much was spilt and if it has soaked into the foam beneath the upholstery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Grimes wrote:
    Anyone have any ideas?

Tesco have some pretty cheep beer...you could replace it with that
    Sorry to hear you spilled it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

stevenmu wrote:
    Vanish, or any of those household stain remover products would be a good place to start if you don't want to get a proper valet, shake-n-vac may help too.

edit: kinda depends how much was spilt and if it has soaked into the foam beneath the upholstery

If you do choose this option, then you will need to clean the entire chair/seat .. otherwise you end up with a clean spot amongst general wear and tear mank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Spend the money and get it professionally valeted...they really do an amazing job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Autogleam do a wide range of products for cleaning apholstry and other car related faberics. Pop into a motor factors and ask them about it.

Any decent shop will have them and it will save you a vallet. Vanish may do the trick alright... sure if not you can go to plan B :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Its a shame to see a good beer wasted!!!!

Advertisement