Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Fabia Saloon Or HatchBack

Options
  • 04-09-2005 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi All im Just wondering which is the better choice this is kind of a Spin off of white Car's. Im Now trying to make my Mind up the White Fabia 02 Hatch or the Green Saloon 01. Please give me some advice on both cars oh yeah & how dose Deadlock work aparently the Saloon has deadlock but the Hatch don't.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shadow_2k5

index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=269958

Fabia Saloon

index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=258073

Fabia Hatchback

Theres My Choice its going to be one of em just cant figure out which one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Market lore says - "small car, odd number of doors good. Big car, even number of doors good".

Small cars work best as hatchbacks so I'd go for that. It'll be easier to sell.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

off topic but I think the estate is nice, and has the rear wiper from the RS6.

Trainspotting at its worst...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

Deadlocking means that when you lock your car, even if a thief smashes the window and tries to open the door using the handle inside, it won't work.
    I would normally advise against white cars but the Fabia looks well....particularly with the alloys. As mike said, small cars trying to be big cars don't generally tend to sell well or look nice....Polo saloon for eg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I am not usually a fan of white cars either but I have to agree that the Fabia looks well in white.

Also as the others have said a saloon in the supermini segment don't usually sell in large numbers simply because they are not as practical as their hatchback equivilant and hence are more difficult to sell on. Imo I think the Fabia saloon is weird looking anyway and the boot looks like an after thought.

By the way I noticed the white Fabia has 43k miles on the clock. The timing belt will probably need replacing soon if not done already. Either get them to change it as part of the deal or use it as a bargining tool in the price.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shadow_2k5

Hi all Thanks for the Advice Ive Desided to go with the Hatch Thanks bout that Timeing belt infomation Im gona look into that Thanks all for your Help :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

bazz26 wrote:
    I am not usually a fan of white cars either but I have to agree that the Fabia looks well in white.

Also as the others have said a saloon in the supermini segment don't usually sell in large numbers simply because they are not as practical as their hatchback equivilant and hence are more difficult to sell on. Imo I think the Fabia saloon is weird looking anyway and the boot looks like an after thought.

By the way I noticed the white Fabia has 43k miles on the clock. The timing belt will probably need replacing soon if not done already. Either get them to change it as part of the deal or use it as a bargining tool in the price.

Best of luck.

Timing belt as per the manual does not need to be done until 60K, I have one

Advertisement