Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please unlock this thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Your best bet is to PM the mod that locked it or the most active mod on that forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

their all offline!! ....sake this is worse than dallas. thanks anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

their all offline!! ....sake this is worse than dallas. thanks anyhow!

yes, the mods must all be online 24/7 in case an emergency erupts...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ah to be honest, he didn't sell it and just bumped the thread a few months later. I don't know why he should be threatened with a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

erm well a bit of research into my other posts on boards wouldnt go missing. How does one become a moderator, fail the garda application form ? never mind the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ah did you have to go and do that...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's a little bit like watching a car crash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Only nobody important gets hurt.

Also, Amp test, just in case.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Don't get me started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Giblet wrote:
    Ah to be honest, he didn't sell it and just bumped the thread a few months later. I don't know why he should be threatened with a ban.

I agree, its was abit crap closing the thread like that. Power trip tbh. I'd care more but the Op just became a muppet about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Whats with the locked thread? I've been trying to sell the lap for months now and finally have some interest thanks!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=198289&page=3&pp=20
    Banned from feedback for a week, pm me in a week to unban you. You should have Pmd Blade about this matter, not posted about it here.

Gordon wrote:
    Banned from feedback for a week, pm me in a week to unban you. You should have Pmd Blade about this matter, not posted about it here.

Ah here, he hardly deserves a ban for that. And before anybody starts i don't normally go down the fight the power road, but jesus. Theres so many muppet whingign about being banned for calling people **** or scaming that it seems people are getting click happy. This however is pretty genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's pretty clear that Blade locked the thread, therefore Blade is the one to approach with regard to unlocking it!

dudara wrote:
    It's pretty clear that Blade locked the thread, therefore Blade is the one to approach with regard to unlocking it!

Well I'd say any of the mod's of that forum would do, but yes I'd start with blade. The Guy doesn't deserve a banning for not following protocol.

LiouVille wrote:
    Ah here, he hardly deserves a ban for that.
    We're getting so many people running to Feedback when something out of the ordinary happens and they haven't spoken with a mod of the forum about it first.

S:N++

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

There was no guide price set when the thread was started, it turned into a bidding war, was STILL a bidding war, and was around for 8 months with no buyers.

Seems fairly open and shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

personally i wouldnt have locked the thread or banned the user.
    but then again, i dont wander into that part of the site much, so i dont know what is good and what is not.

Fair enough I see that now gordon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

There are too many stickies on this forum as it is for my liking (maybe others don't mind) and it is written on the "How this forum works" thread.

As for the banuser link, it exists and points the mod to a link to pm the user. In some cases I use the link, in some I don't (as I expect many mods do also). On one hand it's proper to inform the user, but on the other hand if the user is being a complete gimp then I'm not going to waste more time in pming them. If this is the case then I would state on the thread that they are banned, then they will need to use their noggin to find out for what they are banned. It's not that difficult and I'm not going to go to the trouble of holding someones hand if that someone is deliberately being an arse on the forum I mod.

I like the automated pm idea, dunno how feasible that is.

merc, we've spoken about your ban and I've told you to make a helpdesk ticket concerning it, seeing as your pms are off.

Thats been back with ages!The pm isnt automated though, you can choose to send it or not.
    I'd always send one in politics regardless of the forums busyness(ie if theres something happening and loads of big threads on it) as thats important for politics I think unless for some reason I am dashing and busy myself at the time or its heinous muppetry(eg p0rn or somesuch) but I'd imagine it would be tedious in very busy frequent bannage fora like after hours for example

That'd be great if it was possible. It exists only for sitebans afaik.

Advertisement