Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Now that fuel is prohibitively expensive: Biodiesel?

Options
  • 04-09-2005 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Biodiesel. Is it hard to make? I've seen one or two internet sites about how to make it from cooking oil, but does anyone about Dublin actually make it? What car does it run on, how much does it cost you per litre (genuinely) and can I see your operation?!

I'd like to put my engineering skills to use and make my own biodiesel operation at home. It would take a lot of time and a bit of cash, but I'd like to know more about it before embarking on such a project.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

One wonders if the price of fuel will ever return to sub-euro prices once this series of events is over. Irish prices have a habit of moving up a step and a new floor threshold being set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Check this thread for biodiesel discussion.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

BrianD wrote:
    One wonders if the price of fuel will ever return to sub-euro prices once this series of events is over. Irish prices have a habit of moving up a step and a new floor threshold being set.

Funny enough I was thinking the same thing yesterday - eg: if the taxi drivers get their latest increase approved, will they drop back to current levels when/if oil prices go back to "normal".. I wouldn't bet on it :( (I'm not picking specifically on taxi drivers btw.. this applies to any company/service that increases prices as a result of "rising fuel costs")

Everything in this country only ever goes up.. Don't think I've ever heard of things coming back down.

What will the oil companies/petrol stations do when hybrid cars really start to take off - something I reckon will happen in the next 12 months if oil prices don't stablise earlier as the predictions are saying. My bet is some new tax to make up the shortfall in the government's take.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Everything in this country only ever goes up.. Don't think I've ever heard of things coming back down..

Everything in every country goes up, its called inflation. The exception to this rule is electronics, which drop in price, but still everyone complains. Itsa no win.

Advertisement