Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will they learn?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

C&E gave me a leaflet thing for a shindig in Bondi tomorrow night -- can't say I'll be there though, unfortunately! What's C&E's full name, btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

DaveMcG wrote:
    What's C&E's full name, btw?

Commerce and Economics Society - Basically, the cheerleaders and jocks of UCD. My advice is to join a few of the big societies just to get their nightclub pass cards. When u join these places for 3euro and save 5-10euro a week on nightclubs it really makes sense. Other reasons include being a manic partier and saving money going to C&E, B&L, L&H parties and getting them for member rates. Also u can get some useful stuff in their party bags which would cost way more than 2-3euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Commerce and Economics Society - Basically, the cheerleaders and jocks of UCD. My advice is to join a few of the big societies just to get their nightclub pass cards. When u join these places for 3euro and save 5-10euro a week on nightclubs it really makes sense. Other reasons include being a manic partier and saving money going to C&E, B&L, L&H parties and getting them for member rates. Also u can get some useful stuff in their party bags which would cost way more than 2-3euro.

C&E use ur money and your mass membership to syphon money out of the smaller societies who need the money way more. its a sham, if, like me, you think nightclubs suck ass, particularly bondi (its ireland, its cold and its wet outside and i dont need sand in my drink)

There are better societies who give out FREE Drink and then hit the pub later. all your doing is giving these stupid asses money so they can colour their skin orange and work in chocolate factories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Free condoms????? I didn't get any last year!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Jesus's theres lots of agro about the arts chicks. Its deffo the best place for birds, no arguments. There are a lot of umpo's, but a there a lot of savage birds too.

Anyway things to do

- Drink at the secret lake
    - Get thrown out of the SU bar ( My personal favourite )
    - Play "put them under pressure" on the jukebox.
    - Attend no lectures or anything and do first year again cause its savage
    - Get pissed every night, go wondering around, get to know other drunkin head cases and find entrances, exits that are only visible after about 10 fatfrogs.
    - Get lots of chicks
    - Join some societies ( ones that give pizza )
    - Watch the Iron stomach
    - Do all the drinkin games in the SU bar during fresh week ( they sucked this year IMO )
    - Talk to lots of randomers.
    - Dont make eye contact with lectures so they wont know you, so you can pull a 007 all year.

First year rocks, Espec if ur doin arts, or medicine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Whats with these orange chicks?
    D4 heads and what like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Whats with these orange chicks?
    D4 heads and what like?

Well simply quite a few girls around campus (esp. Arts girls) OTT the makeup and fake tan thus amking thme loook like oompa loompas. It's exaggerated alot but it's a good laugh anyway. :) I usually find the more posh/private school background girls to be more like this in comparison to the country gals.

D4 heads? TBH me and D4 heads do not connect at all. Alot of them are stuck up, unsociabale towards non D4 people and are very cliquey. A huge proportion of D4 make up UCD so you can't really avoid them. I'm a North Dubliner and I do see that alot of D4 (and people from other Southside areas) don't want to know you if you don't have the well spoken accent, aren't from an affluent background or don't have massive social connections. It's sad but you'll get to live with it. I found country people to be by far more the friendlier and cooler people on campus....... culchies rawk!

I've gotta find me a culchie friend, so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Glennifer

I usually find the more posh/private school background girls to be more like this in comparison to the country gals.

Teehee, I manage to defy logic by being one of those posh private school girls and still live in Wicklow!
    I found country people to be by far more the friendlier and cooler people on campus

I'm assuming they'll be easily found in my Ag Sci lectures?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm assuming they'll be easily found in my Ag Sci lectures?
    Oh god yes. Ag is culchie central :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

i personally dont think its fair to say either all cultchies/posh/private school are good/bad/indifferent.

however i'll tell you a few truths that i have discovered in relation to his subject.

-its all about the clique : people fall into crowds, fact of life, some crowds have more/less of an influence on people than others. basically the wee culchie girls can still be bitches, and the oompa loopma posh girls can be sound. for instance the people who i hung with last year were a mix of posh-d4 heads(i mean real ones not the fake ones)/culchies/regular dubs(north south east and west)

-You'll see the cliques as you walk around, watch out for the cliquey arts lesbiens.... they dont like me.

-you shouldnt drop out of your lectures just cause all you're "new friends" are going off . tbh ditching lectures in the first few weeks is a surefire way to end up dropping out. i started ditching lectures in november... heh heh.

-Culchies can be good, by this i mean all country folk outside the greater dublin area, but you'll notice that some who you meet early on will be totally different by then end. its weird, like being away from home makes the personality change greater. or maybe it just wasnt so obvious.

-D4/Dort heads. the D4's i met were really cool, they werent the fake D16/14/8 types these were the real deal, mansions in dalkey and what not. to be honest the guys(male) were sound but the girls... not so much there was quite a bit of stereotype conformity.

-Private school, not the same as D4... Private school girls do make up the majority of the ooompa looompa subrace. however i went to a private school for 3 years, after 12 years of public schools, and im alright.

-plebs... this is basically everyone else. and obviously a mixed bag but most people you know will come from this group.

If you ask me, try to get the kinda variety in your friends that i had, im not tooting my own horn but i hated college for a while, and then i realised these cool people were around. heres a quick break down of some people spent quite a bit of time with 2privateschool guys, one i went to school with (sebthebum) and a D4 head who was really cool. a couple of private school girls but not the willy wonka variety. a 28 year old ex civil servant/tallafornian like me. 28year old canooer from the country.

theres a suggestion, mature students are really cool to know. always good craic and great for getting lecture notes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I'm going into Arts this year (AHHH! On Monday! Only two days to go!!!) and I don't wear make-up generally speaking, I never wear fake-tan and I'm not blonde! (I'm going to look like Casper the ghost in there, amn't I?) This stereotyping is really unfair!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

C&E use ur money and your mass membership to syphon money out of the smaller societies who need the money way more. its a sham, if, like me, you think nightclubs suck ass, particularly bondi (its ireland, its cold and its wet outside and i dont need sand in my drink)

There are better societies who give out FREE Drink and then hit the pub later. all your doing is giving these stupid asses money so they can colour their skin orange and work in chocolate factories...

I know for definite that I will never join B&L or C&E again, even for the free stuff (Although that Terry's chocolate orange did taste amazing - fock them). Main reason being, I still get the occasional text from Bondi. And I know I've never been there, nor would I ever, even at my drunkest, sign up for texts from there. So, my number was given to someone without my permission - a breach of the data protection acts of 1988 and 2003, and I'm pointing the finger at C&E (as they were Bondi's biatches last year - giving out free Bondi t-shirts was a vomit-inducing move). Which I'm still thick over. But as I can't prove that it was them, I can do nothing about it.

Also, I know of certain large society auditors who, though their society did next to nothing all year, thought the society chequebook was a great aid in financing their alcohol needs.

Just one more reason why I'd have more tolerance for a pissed off rattlesnake who was sharing my underwear than I'll ever have for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭anna20

have to disagree with u Zane. i'm from the northside and all my friends from college are southsiders save a few. i think they are brilliant, some of the most genuine people i have ever met. ye of course their are a few bad eggs but thats to be expected...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Vic Mackey

how come if your from outside dublin your a culchie, im from dundalk, 50,000 people, bigger than some dub suberbs, and i can honestly say iv never in my life been on/near a tractor, lol!

also, this cliches exist everywhere........a mate of mine goin in2 1st year arts this year, who is brill ant rugby, is worried that alot of the rugby lads will have a click of their own, ross o carroll kelly like, and basically ignore him.

do these things really happen in ucd?

^
    Dublin is the North Pole, everywhere else is "down the country" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Vic Mackey

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Dinxminx wrote:
    I'm going into Arts this year (AHHH! On Monday! Only two days to go!!!) and I don't wear make-up generally speaking, I never wear fake-tan and I'm not blonde! (I'm going to look like Casper the ghost in there, amn't I?) This stereotyping is really unfair!

Woman, if you aren't an airhead, blond, fake-tanner then when people talk about D4-heads thay are not talking about you! Being from D4 and being a D4 head aren't the same. No one is saying that they are :rolleyes:

Just like being from the northside doesn't mean that I rob cars on the weekend ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Just Monday to friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Just Monday to friday
    God yeah, I mean ya gotta have some me time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement