Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AoE demo nearly out.

Options
  • 04-09-2005 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

AoE3 Demo Plans [September 04, 2005, 10:03 am EDT] - 9 Comments
    What you would like to be on the demo? on the Age of Empires III Heaven Forum (thanks Shacknews) is a thread offering word that the Age of Empires 3 demo is complete, and that it is now up to the publisher when to release the sample of Ensemble's upcoming RTS sequel. The relevant posts fill in some details about the demo's planned content, saying it will be about 375 MB, and will include the following:

Demo's done (it went out the door to marketing today)... Finally

The highpoints:
    * SP only, no MP
    * 2 scenarios from the CPN
    * 2 RMs
    * 2 civs

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=23358&f=,,,&st=30#post28

Groovy

/ got swat 4? Your help as bullet catcher in coop is req.....

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Any word on Minimum Specs? *prays*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Considering they said a spring time release a 6 month delay for a demo isn't too bad.I am sure it wil be worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Im really looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

there'll more then likely be a beta of this in my office within the week so ill give yous as much info as i can. really looking forward to it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

By as much info as you can do you mean as many binary packages as possible? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

hehe sure what use would it be, id make a copy for myself too if i could but you'd need a no-cd crack and that probably wont come out til the release date. im just hoping head office send us a few copies so i can "borrow" one for a few nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

cant wait :) was always a fan of the age of empires seires

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Lets hope this is a gem and will be around for as long as aoe2.

-oRnein9- wrote:
    Lets hope this is a gem and will be around for as long as aoe2.
    i still go for the odd game of aoe2 :D

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    i still go for the odd game of aoe2 :D

Me 2 it was the game that got me into PC gaming and it ran suprisingly well on my celeron 400mhz with onboard graphics, man how times have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Am i the only person who dislikes RTS games? :p

RotalicaV wrote:
    Am i the only person who dislikes RTS games? :p
    YES!

nah im sure u will find another one or two somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

I still like AoM also, I dont know why people dont seem to like it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Gizzard wrote:
    I still like AoM also, I dont know why people dont seem to like it
    Because its awful? since when was an army of 30 units the population cap, Its not a touch on AoE2.

Pugsley wrote:
    Because its awful? since when was an army of 30 units the population cap, Its not a touch on AoE2.

I played AoE to death then missed AoE2 somehow then bought AoM because it was the newest and enjoyed it very much now I cant wait to play AoE3

It not like Civ games where all the sequels are halfassed broken crap (except 2), the AoE guys seem to know how to make sequels

ƒ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm seemed to be capped at 10kB/s from Gamespot :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

tis on the MS download site aswell.

http://download.microsoft.com somewhere, I dont have the direct link handy right now. bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

guess what ill be doing tonight :D

*Wonders if girlfriend will understand why i cant go to dinner with her*

• Advertisement

**** this might pull a sicky from work!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

****? It's out!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yup its out m8.
    Getting it here @ 230 kbps :)
    http://www.gamershell.com/news/24601.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

wow, that was an unexpected pleasant surprise :)

I knew the game was coming out in Oct, didn't know there would be a demo and this early too.

Ciaran, thanks for link, maxed me out.

now, about the game, hmm I don't know, is it me or do the graphics look very much like AoE2?(even though I have everything cranked up on high)
    and I liked the feel of AoE2 more

what are you thoughts about this game guys?

Anyone else played the demo yet (any comments/views) I will post my 2 cents after work.

I was dissapointed by the demo. Its didn't seem to cater for anyone new to the series, so I was completly lost. There is no tutorial and in both missions you start of with a built base so you don't learn alot there.

Minior spoilers describing the missions
    In the first mission all you have to do is build 3 buildings along a trade route going across the map. Its easy and quick with very little fighting.

The second mission you have to defend an outpost, but I didn't have the time to get far into that yet.

The full game looks like its going to be great, but I didn't enjoy the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Downloadin it now :D

I know graphics arent everything, but the demo game graphics look nothing and I mean nothing like the screenshots. In fact they look more or less the same as AoM.

take alook at the close up of the city gfx at http://www.ageofempires3.com I think this is actually is a trading area but it gives the impressions the in game town gfx are like this what a con.

Very good game but I knew that already, the particle physics is good but not as good as it should be i.e they look more or less the same as before but rendered in rela time, Im very unimpressed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Graphics are great and runs very smoothly with every thing set to high/very high which i wasn’t expecting game play however seems the exact same as Aoe 1 2 empire earth 1,2 etc nothing really new Build city - Defend city - Build farms/plantations to get infinite food and money - Upgrade city - Defeat enemy rinse and repeat.

Don’t think ill buy the game tbh but the demo gives me hope that i should be able to play black and white 2 with no problem's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Nice link. Getting it at a steady 380B/sec. I'll have it in about 15 minutes, or so :)

Advertisement