Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AoE demo nearly out.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Played it for half hour or so, only advanced one level, the graphics are a nice improvement, gameplay is same old "AGE" which I like, didn't really test it out too much due to too many other games to be playing,

Like the new stats in bottom left that tells you what all your villagers are doing,

Runs flawlessly on max setting on my rig. Verdict : will play some more over the weekend and will be buying on release, but I knew that anyway before I played the demo as i love AOE 2 so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Stoichkov

Very disappointing.

I know its only a demo but I can guarantee you a huge number of people have downloaded this and thought the same.

I'm a huge fan of AoE2, that and Total Annihilation are my favourite RTS games this just doesnt have the same quality feel about it.

Graphics might be shiny but the lay out and controls aren't as slick as before.

No tutorial or options for controls is pretty poor even for a demo, although I'm sure they'll update it.

Not too optimistic bout the game, bit like Ireland and WC2006 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Where the hell does it show you the population cap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

I played it for a couple of hours and although the GFx are a bit better you forget that after a while, after I finished playing the overriding impressions is that they were lazy just really lazy, there is very little new other then the slightly improved GFX, even some of the path finding problems and unit AI issues are still there.

This and the PSP game selection are now my biggest dissapointments of this year

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Was looking forward to this demo after downloadin an tring to install... its only xp compatbile? wtf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its just more of the same really.
    Im unimpressed.
    Nice paint job is all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

all negative responses :( please tell me its just the demo cuz i love AoE1/2 and was looking forward to this for years...

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

DingChavez wrote:
    Where the hell does it show you the population cap?

It is in the bottom left of the screen beside the picture of a house, pop count seems to jump 10 once you build a house in this rather than the old 5 in AOE2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Bleh, can't even run the demo... just shíts itself with some directx error.
    No M$, my gfx drivers are quite alright, it's your daft monkey programmers/testers that are at fault.
    foos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

been playing this a lot in the last 4 days.
    Still havent been able to get passed the first level (playing it on hard).
    Maybe im too defensive but fook me its wave after wave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

finally did it :p

Advertisement