Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whys msn disconnecting every 3 seconds?

• 04-09-2005 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

I'm with UTV on the 2mb line.

It's really starting to annoy me, as soon as msn comes on and try to write something it disconnects and this happens like every 10 seconds now its horrible.

Is something wrong with UTV?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

It's more than likely just the MSN server playing up. Happens fairly often and unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it.

Try connecting through the web-based version in the meantime - http://webmessenger.msn.com/

Alternatively, try uninstalling and then reinstalling messenger. Though if it's the server that's down this won't make any difference.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Also check that MS Messenger (as opposed to MSN Messenger) is either off or removed as it can interfere with MSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Yeah, that's a good point. If you have Windows Messenger running or any older version of MSN messenger running seperately and have it set to auto sign in it will periodically disconnect any other version that's running in order to sign in (you can't be connected to more than one version at the same time using the same sign in details).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

MSN Messenger rock steady here on Clicksilver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

I have been having the same problem on a IBB line..

It seems to be an upgrade problem with messenger 7.5 upgrade over 7.0.
    Uninstall msn and then reinstall with 7.5. Sorted it out for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm having problems with MSN timing out constantly for me too. I use Miranda-IM.org for mine.

I'm told MSN7.5 solves the problems for MSN users, hopefully MIranda bring out a fix ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

ciaranfo wrote:
    I'm having problems with MSN timing out constantly for me too. I use Miranda-IM.org for mine.

I'm told MSN7.5 solves the problems for MSN users, hopefully MIranda bring out a fix ...

yeah i just updated msn messenger and that solved the problem for me too...

Advertisement