Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

constant freezes and crashes

• 23-07-1999 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone has any idea why my pc keeps constantly freezing and crashing.

im not sure if ive done anything bizarre or anything, but it happened about 5 times in an hour whilst using ie4, gamspy, mirc and winamp.
    eveerytime its been ie4 thats crashed and it keeps coming up with not responding when i ctrl alt del.

any ideas?
    i only scandisked and defraged about 3 days ago
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Is it the WinAmp with built in browser? If so, the only common symptom I can see is that they are all internet applications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmmm, now that you mention it, these boards are perticularly good at crashing my puter.

didnt happen when cloud was in charge of them. ohhh no, never. not once

damn you ign, damn you to hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i have similar problems with IE on my home pc atm. certain sites do cause it to crash, barrysworld is particularly good at it. i think its just a corrupt IE install, possibly a problem with the scripting engines or something, remove IE and re-install it. I keep meaning to do this ...... smile.gif

Advertisement