Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro is Coming!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Airblazer wrote:
    Chaz..i know you answered something like this in the previous question but this is what i want to know...with the network in place in my house can i for instance be downloading on my laptop while playing bf2 etc on my desktop at the same time..i remember i saw something in the metro details about an account logon and how only one could be active..cheers for the help..

If you max out your connection, your latencies will increase. If you remain below a certain threshold, depending on what you are doing and what the game requires - it can be done - but you cannot let the download / upload max out - then the latency does increase substantionally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

cheers chaz..any idea what the turnaround for limerick is...applied 2 weeks ago and still haven't received any details

Airblazer wrote:
    cheers chaz..any idea what the turnaround for limerick is...applied 2 weeks ago and still haven't received any details

Not 100% certain - out of the office at the moment - i know there is a large amount of orders - ill try and find out and get back to you.

Chaz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Has anyone actually got Metro yet? if not when will it become live? and if yes whats it like? is it as impressive as it sounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Nah they're too busy issuing press releases. (sorry, couldn't resist)

• Advertisement

Blaster99 wrote:
    Nah they're too busy issuing press releases. (sorry, couldn't resist)

/me moves Blaster99 to the end of the install list ..... (Sorry, couln't resist) :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i seen a digiweb install today in leinster rd in rathmines, and its like IBB's installs but the box is square not tobig than id say a A5 book,the pole was pretty high, but id say it was due to the trees in the way of the LOS.
    i should of took a picture but i was on the motor bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I currently subscribe to dsl through Digiweb and am wondering
    Is metro available in Navan?

Thanks
    Dec

Sparky_S wrote:
    i seen a digiweb install today in leinster rd in rathmines, and its like IBB's installs but the box is square not tobig than id say a A5 book,the pole was pretty high, but id say it was due to the trees in the way of the LOS.
    i should of took a picture but i was on the motor bike.

That would be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Chaz wrote:
    /me moves Blaster99 to the end of the install list ..... (Sorry, couln't resist) :-)

Haha, good one. That's why I keep myself anonymous...

• Advertisement

deckie27 wrote:
    I currently subscribe to dsl through Digiweb and am wondering
    Is metro available in Navan?

Thanks
    Dec

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Tanx

hey chaz i ordered last week, so would i expect my install soon, im only asking because ive a busy week ahead, so i just want to know a timeframe so i can be available, the installers do contact people beforehand dont they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

chaz

since you guys already have a wave link from the esb pop in stradbally to rossmore in Carlow, are you going to roll out metro there?

ta,

Paul

flamegrill wrote:
    chaz

since you guys already have a wave link from the esb pop in stradbally to rossmore in Carlow, are you going to roll out metro there?

ta,

Paul

Nope.

Sparky_S wrote:
    hey chaz i ordered last week, so would i expect my install soon, im only asking because ive a busy week ahead, so i just want to know a timeframe so i can be available, the installers do contact people beforehand dont they?

I dont deal with the installs directly - but around 10 working days and yes, you should be contacted prior to your planned install date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Chaz - do existing digiweb DSL customers have to give 1 months notice (I'm out of contract) to cancel and change to Metro? Will we get a speedier install as loyal customers!?

digitaldr wrote:
    Chaz - do existing digiweb DSL customers have to give 1 months notice (I'm out of contract) to cancel and change to Metro? Will we get a speedier install as loyal customers!?

Im not 100% certain - I will double check. I believe, if you are out of contract, you should just be able to give the notice and then place a metro order. Certainly placing the order before the month is up is preferred as it gets you in the list anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭theking

I placed my order on the 9th September.
    When I rang up this week, trying again to get a date when I could expect a visit, to see if I am 'suitable' as it was described on one of the calls, I was told that the 10 days was just to do with dsl customers.
    As a would-be Metro customer, I wouldn't have even a sniff of a date for a further two weeks. And I'm not holding my breath for then either.

I ought to make them race the snails of BTIreland.

theking wrote:
    I placed my order on the 9th September.
    When I rang up this week, trying again to get a date when I could expect a visit, to see if I am 'suitable' as it was described on one of the calls, I was told that the 10 days was just to do with dsl customers.
    As a would-be Metro customer, I wouldn't have even a sniff of a date for a further two weeks. And I'm not holding my breath for then either.

I ought to make them race the snails of BTIreland.

Jesus i hope im not waiting that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Any plans to roll out in Kilkenny in the future? I know chorus are there already with their cable, but they only cover the city centre.

any info Chaz and Crawler on the meeting you had at the end of september?

Stephen wrote:
    Any plans to roll out in Kilkenny in the future? I know chorus are there already with their cable, but they only cover the city centre.

Nope - not likely.

Sparky_S wrote:
    any info Chaz and Crawler on the meeting you had at the end of september?

Nope - I have been on leave this week - will get the meeting done before the end of the coming week.

Chaz wrote:
    Nope - I have been on leave this week - will get the meeting done before the end of the coming week.

Oh yes sorry i forgot about your leave:o, keep us updated ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry O'Henry

Refurbishing a house in Ranelagh, moving back in start of December. Have no current phone line there at the moment, so your Metro 3mb looks perfect. Only trouble is I need to get a monitored alarm. Any news on your "Home Security Products"? Are you looking for any trial sites? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Chaz: Is it out in Blanchardstown yet? I rang your guys 2 weeks ago and they told me coverage should be available from the end of September.

Also, to anyone who has it, what's it like for gaming? A few of us play BF2 and multiplayer performance over UTV is dreadful at times.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Chaz: Is it out in Blanchardstown yet? I rang your guys 2 weeks ago and they told me coverage should be available from the end of September.

Also, to anyone who has it, what's it like for gaming? A few of us play BF2 and multiplayer performance over UTV is dreadful at times.

Cheers!

I'd agree with regards to UTV performance. There must be someone in here who actually has Metro at this stage and can tell us what the performance is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

mickger wrote:
    I'd agree with regards to UTV performance. There must be someone in here who actually has Metro at this stage and can tell us what the performance is like.

Marketing spin always starts LONG before any finished product is ready for the average customer.

If we get people posting here within the next month claming to have Metro then I'll be surprised!

I would consider myself to be a potential Limerick customer(up near UL)...but until I hear of others in my area with it...then not a chance will I take the risk and potentially get burned like the average IBB customer!

• Advertisement

Kaiser2000 wrote:

Cheers!

Yes, some areas of Blach is covered.

Advertisement