Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson/News of the world?

Options
  • 04-09-2005 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Ok, first off, did anyone buy the news of the world today?

In the place I work I caught a glimpse of the back page and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Mike Tyson and Ireland. Might even have mentioned a boxing ring...Anyone have the paper and a few mins to check it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It's to do with Tyson supposedly making a comeback in Ireland. His friend Joe Egan (ex Amateur Irish champ) is trying to fix it so Mike can come to Ireland and fight. A joke if you ask me, the guy is washed up yrs. I wouldn't cross the road to watch him. But you know Ireland, it's the home of the comebacks. Anyone wants to relaunch a career, Ireland is the easy option........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Ah, I thought it said something like that...just couldn't believe it. Surely Tyson himself couldn't be serious about this. He seems pretty happy the way things are at the minute. Oh well, thanks for checking that out walshb.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Geiger, why shouldn't Tyson be happy. He's been given the opportunity by us suckers here in Ireland for an easy pay day, he know's the Yanks have had their belly full. Ireland is a sure thing.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

I don't doubt that he'd be happy to have a wad of cash in is pocket for an easy nights work. However I don't think that pay day is going to come from a boxing ring. Tyson won't even talk about boxing these days, I can't see him stepping back into the ring again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I thought he was retiring to dedicate his life to Allah? lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭doug1970

some talk of a bout with jenna jamesons ring wasn't there?

Advertisement