Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim Card Question

• 04-09-2005 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a problem. A friend of mine gave me an old sim card in the Gaeltacht to use cause he didnt want it and it still had some messages on it so I took it and was usin it while I was there but totally forgot bout it when I came home!!!

Now the prob is I want to use it to sign up to use its free messages online butthe airtime has expired so I have to top up if I wanna find out what it is!!!!

So my Q is,is there anyway of finding the number out without topping up the sim card???

Thanks,

Killian

P.S. The friend cant remember the number either so theres no point saying ask him!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Send a "call me" message to your own phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you phone meteor or whatever and give them the sim card number (printed on the card) they should be able to give you the ph num of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

also some phones have a section somewhere called "my number". guess what it does. and motorolas as a default say when you turn the phone on "my number:08xxxxxxxx" so lash it into one of those. if it gives a greeting other than that go into the settings and delete that greeting to make the default come up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ill try the motorola thing when I can.

To the other suggestions its 087 so they wont work,but thanks anyway!

Anybody else got some suggestions???

Killian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Send a how are you if its vodafone, i forget how to, but it can be done for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Send a how are you if its vodafone, i forget how to, but it can be done for free.

good idea, try this:

from your phone send the mobile number of a friend as a text message to 50234, when the 'how are you' text message arrives on your friend's phone check to see what mobile number it came from (i.e. yours)

No see that wont work because if I want to do anything to I have to top up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kmart6 wrote:
    No see that wont work because if I want to do anything to I have to top up

Its a free service.

Stekelly wrote:
    Its a free service.

Are you seriopus never knew that :rolleyes:

If your airtime is expired you have to top up before you can do anything with it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

read the manual for your phone to find the number (if this facility is provided by your phone) as suggested above. failing that, break open the piggy bank and spend 5 eur... but if you're getting recorded messages saying that the account is closed: forget it. i doubt that you'll be allowed avail of the website services either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

call the operator, if they can't help then attempt try to top up by a small amount, or why not just buy a new sim pack; it's not like you are trying to keep the existing number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Why don't you just buy the fiver and see?

Pythia wrote:
    Why don't you just buy the fiver and see?

Its amazing how people dont bother to read the rest of the posts cause if u had u would realise its Vodafone(087) which means you can not top up by a fiver!

Advertisement