Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7650 Charging Issue

• 04-09-2005 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

My 7650 seems to have developed this problem overnight - the charger won't go all the way into the charging socket, so now I can't charge my battery. There's nothing in there blocking the socket, and I've tried it on 3 different chargers, all with the same result. I have it about 2 years, and I don't want to get an upgrade - I'm eligible for one but I'm waiting for o2 to launch their 3G service before using it. Anyone else have a similar problem and what did you do to solve it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I suppose you could have accidently damaged the charging port when you last inserted the charger into the phone. You can get the tools needed for opening your phone on eBay for under €10 inc. P&P. It might not be any harm to open it up and have a gander, you might be able to fix it with a bit of glue ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

if you have to repair it yourself, it probably wont cost alot. there is a special screwdriver to open the 7650 i think. you may have damaged the "battery charging block" and i think you could pick up and install that part yourself if your confident.

Advertisement