Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to buy a suit.

Options
  • 04-09-2005 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I have to get a Suit for a Wedding and something for job interviews where is the best place to shop for one. Cheap..............

Thanks In advance
    Dan

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Debenhams seemed to have reasonable ones when I last looked. Decent range too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Marks and Spencers are rated highly by bespoke tailors: http://www.englishcut.com/archives/000016.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

mick murphys in north main street costly but u get wat u pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I looking for a cheap one because i will hardly ever use it. There was a Savage Pin striped Hugo one in Brown Tomas last month for 300Euro..:)
    CHUCKLEZ wrote:
    mick murphys in north main street costly but u get wat u pay for.

I looking for a cheap one because i will hardly ever use it. There was a Savage Pin striped Hugo one in Brown Tomas last month for 300Euro..:)

300? Feck off? That's cheap. They have Hugo pullovers for 200 euros in there.

• Advertisement

Always always get a dark and traditional suit. Good for weddings, funerals and job interviews and never go out of fashion, unlike those fugly almost-collarless suits that people wear these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ya it was a special offer because it was missing a button or something it was the nicest suit i ever saw ah memories..................It retailed at 700
    damien.m wrote:
    300? Feck off? That's cheap. They have Hugo pullovers for 200 euros in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I found the Gentleman's Quarters decent for "cheap" suits. Cheap as in 250-350.

Micheal Guiney's do suits for 50 quid or so I've heard. Personally I don't know, I don't shop for suits there...

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I got a nice suit in Con Murphy's on Patrick St recently for EUR 330. Good value and the service and advice there was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

another vote here for Con Murphys. Got a suit in there a few years ago... back when I thought I'd never have any use for a suit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I've heard good things about Con Murphy's too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

I got mine in Gentlemens Quarters. The service was really good, paid 350 i think. Its weird because before i got it i never needed it and now that i have it its being used all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

nesf wrote:
    I've heard good things about Con Murphy's too.

Yes I think they do the Navy Uniforms, which would be a a positive endorsement

Advertisement