Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony p910i

• 04-09-2005 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭

guys i want to get a p910i. would anyone know if i can use it for internet through wireless internet in the house.i donot know if it will work but if anyone could help it would be great. if u have any other questions please ask me.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

drdre wrote:
    guys i want to get a p910i. would anyone know if i can use it for internet through wireless internet in the house.i donot know if it will work but if anyone could help it would be great. if u have any other questions please ask me.
    thanks in advance
    I don't think so. I have a P900 and I think the only difference between it and the P910 is that mine doesn't have a tiny keyboard on it.

It's still a great phone though. but it is a little on the bulky side though... but I can play Lemmings and Monkey Island on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks monkeyfudge but then how do i access the internet on it. what way do u access it.can i do i through laptop or something:rolleyes:
    also if i get it then i will ask u for some software for it:D .will i need to change the memory stick to hold more games etc
    thanks alot
    would u recommend a p910i or a 9300

The P900 comes with a built in 8MBs of memory... but you can add sony memory stick duos to it (the same the PSP takes) but the P900 will only support up to 128MB sticks... I don't know if the P910i is different though.

I access the internet on it through GPRS... so I'm only charged for data downloaded and uploaded... not time speant online. You can access regular websites, including boards.ie... but the screen, despite it's large size, is generally not big enough and you'll have to scroll around a lot.

I really don't know anything about the 9300, sorry.

If you do go for the P910i I'll be happy to send you on whatever 'legal' software I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Bit pointless probably in the context of what you want the phone for, but it does play some fantastic games....Few I've played are a Command and Conquer Clone, a 3d first person shooter with PSone quality graphics, and a 3d rally game which the same qualitys as above.

Bit pointless probably in the context of what you want the phone for, but it does play some fantastic games....Few I've played are a Command and Conquer Clone, a 3d first person shooter with PSone quality graphics, and a 3d rally game which the same qualitys as above.
    I played the Rally Game.. the graphics were inpressive alright... but the control system was horrible...

didn't know about he C&C clone though... I must have a look around for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks guys.

Advertisement