Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The New Superman Movie

• 05-09-2005 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Anyone heard anything about this yet?
    Have been looking at it for a while, looks to be coming along ok...but i'm afraid it might end up camp and just really a big let-down. So many things can go wrong, but it seems to have a good cast so i guess only time will tell...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The Truth! wrote:
    Have been ooking at it for a while
    Shouldn't you be in the Library?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Yea this one should be good, Director Bryan singer, of Men, has cast a unknown actor Brandon Routh, but what I’m interested in most is singer using old footage and CGI’ing it for the casting of Superman’s father - Jor-El which was played by the late and brilliant Marlon Brando in the original. (LOVE IT)…
    Also the casting Lex Luthor, will be played by Kevin Spacey, which could be good, although I did love Gene Hackman in the first, and bringing him back would have just added to the thrill, but I guess singer saw differently.
    new_supes.jpgbrando_jor-el_1110477955.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I dunno about Spacey. He really has gone downhill since American Beauty - and that was 6 years ago.

Definitely looking forward to the new-old Jor El stuff.

SofaKing wrote:
    I dunno about Spacey. He really has gone downhill since American Beauty - and that was 6 years ago.

I normally wouldn’t be that interested in this remake but because singer is rehashing footage of Marlon Brando from the original.
    That’s peaked my interest to go see it.
    As for Kevin Spacey, I have to agree with you on that one, but I still think he’s a great actor, maybe this film will bring him back into the big time,
    Depending on how it proceeded. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 The Truth!

dahamsta wrote:
    Shouldn't you be in the Library?

lol, thats just mean man! My mind is faster than me fingers, or me fingers are faster than me mind, wait, no, yes, DAMN!

For a while i was being told that it was being done with de cast of Smallville, and while the idea of having Kristin Kreuk on the big screen is a pants wetting one, i didn't take much notice to it until i googled it. I guess we'll know in 2006 if its any good or not...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

SofaKing wrote:

I have to agree with that although I did enjoy Pay It Forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lukiebaggs

Is everyone on this website totally Internet illiterate.

All your questions are a 2 click google search away.

but for your troubles..

http://www.bluetights.net/ - offical movie website - Pics, boards and Brian singer personal movie blogs - which are updated monthely as production continues.

theres also a very convincing Fan trailer assembled from all the sneak peak footage shown in the blogs. follow the below adress to see the fan trailer

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/trailers/trailer.asp?film_id=9751

Lukiebaggs wrote:
    All your questions are a 2 click google search away
    i much more prefer using yahoo! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

"On an external level, the movie's about how an idealistic superhero functions in the modern world," Singer says, sitting in his trailer on the Sydney lot. "But it ultimately becomes a story about what happens when an old boyfriend comes back into your life, and about Superman trying to find a place in Lois Lane's world. I'm attempting to make a very emotional film. This is certainly the most romantic, and the funniest, movie I've made, and toward the end it gets a bit intense."

Sounds a bit gay, i was hoping for something darker to be honest.

Advertisement