Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeats, the institute and other queer fee paying schools are crap!

Options
  • 05-09-2005 1:51am

what is the point?you pay thousands of euros a year for a bit of supervised study!!why dont you do it yourself?Iwent to a community school in the north west.teachers were grand.not spectacular.at the end of the day it comes down to you to study.i know 4people who went to yeats college in galway.they all got below450 points!a third of my year got above that in the community school.plus whats the point of being stressed for a whole year when you really only have to start studying after the mocks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

!
    !!!
    !!!!!!!!

!
    !!!

!

oh well.ill stop using exclamation marks so much.see!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

the chicks that go to these schools tend to be quite foxy indeed, thats why! especially in the institue.
    I was quite 'distarcted' and only got 425.

yeah but galway is the best city for women. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

um, why are you telling us this? Have your friends all gone to the institute, leaving you trying to jusify your staying away?

I'll tell you now, if i hadn't gone to the institute, i wouldn't have gotten half the points i got. Suprisingly it's not just supervised study.

• Advertisement

so what is so good about the INSTITUTE.What else do you get?Ive done my leaving cert and im doing pharmacy.so why would i be jealous?plus ye dont even have sporting facilities!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

They're queer? You mean... they're attracted to other fee paying schools? :rolleyes:

no queer as in :D funny(as in queer funny)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Psychedelik

Let me just say to readers that the Crush007 site on The Dazzler's sig is not "so cool"... I'll say no more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Believe it or not..its not all about the leaving cert. Also, not everyone is as capable of getting the points as you are without the motivation and support of the teachers in these schools.

For someone who seems to have done so well, your statement is full of ****.

Nuff said :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

The problem with the success these places have had is that now every thicko thinks they can slap six grand down, do nothing and walk away with 600 points.

It's a different and more focused and intensive method of teaching. But it doesn't work if you don't try.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The institute must be poular - 13 people from my year moved there during the summer (me not included). and when the year only had about 50 people, that's a huge amount...

They must be doing something right.
    Yeats, the institute and other queer fee paying schools are crap!

I go to a fee school, and it's far from crap.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

what is the point?you pay thousands of euros a year for a bit of supervised study!!why dont you do it yourself?Iwent to a community school in the north west.teachers were grand.not spectacular.at the end of the day it comes down to you to study.i know 4people who went to yeats college in galway.they all got below450 points!a third of my year got above that in the community school.plus whats the point of being stressed for a whole year when you really only have to start studying after the mocks.
    I think a better question is "What is your problem?" Yeah, people in fee-paying schools get below 450 points, but so do people in all schools. Fee-paying schools give you a better all-round education because they can put the money from fees into facilities such as music, drama and sports, they tend to have better choices of subjects which cater for more people, and they usually have more motivated teachers and smaller classes. I'm not talking about grind schools like the Institute and Bruce by the way - I'm talking about a normal fee-paying school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

What is yeats college? There is about 20 people going to the institute this year from my school, plus the other 5 0r 6 that left after the junior cert or for 5th yr! Plus my school was fee paying as it was so yes sdonn 1 you said it

"they must be doing something right"

Go there for the laugh for a day perhaps someday and realise that its not all about supervised study!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

sounds like someones been taken over by the big green monster now doesn't it??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Are you on about Yeats college in Waterford?Or is there a few of them?

theres a lot of them...they're all over the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Lol!

Its about 5 grand a year isnt it?

no idea but probably something along those lines...most of those grind schools are

I wrote that in adrunken stupor after reading a book about padraig pearses ideas for irish education!the man was ahead of his time education wise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I wrote that in adrunken stupor after reading a book about padraig pearses ideas for irish education!the man was ahead of his time education wise.

sure thats what they all say :rolleyes: :p

Advertisement