Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i made this...

Options
  • 05-09-2005 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

I came up with a silly idea for an animation in the pub on Friday night.. and to my own suprise I seem to have gone and actually made the thing :eek:

I call it "Recycled Energy", or "Full of Shit : The Story of Reincarnation".

Click here to watch (gif file)

Designed to run in a loop with no real beginning or end so maybe let it load in a background tab / window and then have a look. One loop is about ten seconds but I think you should watch for at least half a minute to get full appreciation (it's kind of hypnotic in it's ways)

Let me have some feedback anyway.. it's my first animation :cool:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You are so weird.

thumbs up ;D

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Definately a thumbs up!

Love the cow getting a *whump* at the end ;)
    Whatever possessed you to animated 'Recycled ****' I'll never know, but there's stranger things out there.

Keep it up, shape! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Cheers :)

As I said, it's pretty much the first time I've tried to animate anything - and I enjoyed doing it, so I think I will keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

tis fun alright, satisfying when you finish...

this was my first attempt at the old animation game too, ages ago now.
    i must get back into it again....
    posted this before, but have a gander should you feel like it.

http://members.boards.ie/panda/boo.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

not quite as good an idea as The Yes Men's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Thats pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Damn fine there... nice work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

good man

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Reinstalled Macromedia and threw this together over half an hour.

It's rubbish, but hey, it brings me to the question of wether swish files can be converted to .gifs? Anybody know?

Anyhow, here's an animated smily.

http://www.sitesled.com/members/ropedrink/RopeSmily.swf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

I'm speechless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 the dice man

RopeDrink wrote:
    threw this together over half an hour.

http://www.sitesled.com/members/ropedrink/RopeSmily.swf

it took you a half an hour to do that? :D

Well I had to get re-used to Macromedia, swerve myself away from my usual settings and preferences from SWISH (Which I don't have, anymore) and try to remember how to mass import pictures into one single animation (which I failed), so instead, I had to individually edit each and every frame in Photoshop and import it.

So yes, half an hour, which isn't too long considering the amount of dribble I had to do in order to get it to work.

Advertisement