Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Boeing Plane Crash

• 05-09-2005 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

A Boeing 737 has crashed in Indonesia killing all an board. The plane crashed into a heavily populated area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

****ing hell!!!
    4:08 PM Indonesian plane crash death toll rises to 143

It's the 4th huge crash in the space of 3 weeks.
    # Helios Airways Flight 522, Boeing 737-31S, crashed into a mountain between Marathon and Varnavas on August 14, 2005 killing 121.
    # West Caribbean Airways Flight 708 crashed in a mountainous region in northwest Venezuela on the morning of Tuesday, August 16, 2005, killing all 152 passengers and eight crew. It was the worst crash to date in Venezuelan history.
    # TANS Peru Flight 204 crashed near Pucallpa, Peru on August 23, 2005. At least 41 people died

And I have to fly to England this week :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Apparently 15 people survived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Is it me or do Airbus really seem to have better safety standards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

These crashes are in poorish countries though...

I wouldn't be too worried about Irish/English/French etc. Boeings...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Yet another air disaster. We went for so long without hearing anything about plane crashes and then suddenly, is this one number 6 in two months?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Praetorian wrote:

You can't do a straight comparison like that, there are many more Boeing aircraft in service than there are Airbus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Praetorian wrote:
    It was 737-200 that has been working for nearly 30 years the last few years it was owned by a low cost Indonesian carrier so it's no surprise that it screwed up. There are many large fleets of the 737-200s in the Western world and they have fine operating records; it's simply poor maintenance.

Advertisement