Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Processing times in FM2005

• 05-09-2005 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi,
    Bought FM2005 recently and was wondering is it normally so slow.
    After a match I normally have to wait an average of 4 minutes while it is "processing".
    Is this the norm? I have a P4 3ghz PC and would have thought I shouldn't have to wait this long.
    What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

How many concurrent foreground and background leagues are you running?
    Versus how much RAM do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I have a fairly similar PC setup and have no problems with loading times. Are you running lots of leagues or a massive database?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 chubbyjoe

I have the basic options set-up. I just installed and started the game. No extra leagues running in the background.
    I have 512mb installed on my system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Do you have lots of programs running?

Yeah, check your processes view for background programs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 chubbyjoe

The only background programs I have running would be Norton AV and Zonealarm.
    Other than them I wouldn't have any other programs running.

But what about background processes? That would be the next tab over from programs/applications.

e.g im only running my web browser at the moment but in Task Manager's processes i have LOTS of other background processes (besides the antivirus and firewall) running.

Maybe you have one thats eating up lots of memory.

Or maybe you're running to many foreground leagues? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

You might be set on a Huge Database, that can slow down the game incredibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

or spyware, the little buggers extend beyond the norton reach no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well my PC with an AMD 64 2.2ghz and 1024 mb of RAM still processes FM2005 like a 90yr old granny. There's no bg processes hogging memory, I switch off ZoneAlarm/AVG anti virus when I play and I'm completely SpyWare free (also, I'm only using a medium sized database). I think the game is a lot slower than its previous incarnations (play CM 01-02 and do a season in three hours as opposed to FM2005 and do a season in more like a day) and there's no real reason for it bar lazy process programming on the part of Sports Interactive, for example, the game still uses 99% processing time when idle (i.e. when you're sorting your team/doing general managerial stuff - non processing time), they tried to fix this with the 5.0.5 patch but it's still a long way off from being perfect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement