Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delaying first repayment on a loan

Options
  • 05-09-2005 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if it is possible to defer the payments on a loan, say if I took one out this month could I defer the first repayment til January?

I have a great credit rating and have had three loans before, including two of them with my current bank.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ask.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

eth0_ wrote:
    Anyone know if it is possible to defer the payments on a loan, say if I took one out this month could I defer the first repayment til January?

I have a great credit rating and have had three loans before, including two of them with my current bank.

Do they not count it against you if you defended UTV for all those years? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

The answer is more than likely 'yes', but be aware that your overall interest paid might be higher than originally projected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

eth0_ wrote:

Yes
    - Interest only / repayment deferrals are permitted under the Consumer Credit Act.
    Make sure you inform the bank that you want to do this when you are applying - as certain types of fixed rate personal loans do not permit repayment deferrals.

Advertisement