Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet cafes and downloading..

• 05-09-2005 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

well, how do they feel about it?
    do they allow the use of bittorrent and p2p etc for downloading fairly large files?
    i've been without broadband for a few weeks now and have a backlog of files to d/l to keep me up to date :)
    if allowed, it seems i'll have to take advantage of internet cafe's hefty lines in the coming days..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I cant speek 4 all cafes but some dont mind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

[nicK] wrote:
    well, how do they feel about it?
    do they allow the use of bittorrent and p2p etc for downloading fairly large files?
    i've been without broadband for a few weeks now and have a backlog of files to d/l to keep me up to date :)
    if allowed, it seems i'll have to take advantage of internet cafe's hefty lines in the coming days..

most are against it as it hoggs bandwidth...... I would not like to be in a net cafe playing online or surfing and some mofo is running torrents!!

I think it should be ok in one that is 24 hours and its the middle of the night 2 - 6 am, cant see why there would be a problem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If they don't know, they don't mind. Before I got broadband I used to do it a bit and you'd hear crys from the gamers cursing the ping, then the guy behind the counter would let rip....

The morale? Don't do it in a netcafe where there's gamers :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I used to work in a net cafe and to be honest I'd be against this
    Beside the point that it'll hogg all the bandwidth, depending what you download, it could leave the net cafe open for legal issues.

However if somebody wanted Linux ISO's or something I used to setup downloads during the night for them.

Advertisement