Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Micro firmware issue

Options
  • 05-09-2005 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I have a 2 month old Creative Zen Micro and I'd say 75% of the time I turn it on I have one problem or another. It hangs on the building library screen and then today I got "Firmware problem" on the screen.

I'm running firmware 1.11.01 and I was wondering if there is any news of a new firmware coming out ??

I bought this is Argos, should I just bring it back to them or call creative ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Addlcove

1. Download this file: (PDE firmware):
    [ http://www.nomadworld.com/scripts/download.asp?file=http://files.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers/PDE/8807/0xA1055C7F/ZenMicroPDE_PCFW_LB_1_11_01.exe ]

2. Unplug the Micro from the PC and take out the battery, then push the power button left, as to turn on the unit, and while holding it there reinsert the battery into the unit. once the battery is properly in place you let go of the power button. This should cause your Micro to boot up into the Recovery Mode.
    Now attach the Micro to the USB plug on the PC and let it install itself automaticly, once it's done you choose "Reload Firmware" from the recovery menu

3. Once the Micro tells you to run the Firmware you doubleclick the downloaded file and choose "Upgrade Firmware", it will reboot a number of times and the PC will want to install new hardware, cancel these guides.

if it says firmware is already loaded tell it to overwrite it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Did that about an hour ago, I'm going to see how it behaves over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I had silver one from Argos in Blanch which kept doing that and in the end I just returned it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I brought this back this morning and got my money back. Can anyone suggest a similar spec mp3 player for the same price as a Zen micro ?

Advertisement