Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadget Batteries - First Charge?

Options
  • 05-09-2005 1:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,
    You know the way when you first get a new toy (phone, mp3 player, laptop) - you have to charge the battery for a long time? Well, how important is it that you do this?
    I've got an new Zen Sleek waiting for me at home, and I don't think I'm going to charge it all night and not touch it until he morning.
    Does the first initial charge really affect the future life of the battery?

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I often wondered this myself actually. I guess there must be somethin to it, or else why would they bother sayin it? I usually always charge them overnight anyway just in case, although I still turn them on to play with them while they're charging. I assume this makes no difference?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

run the battery in it down and charge it for a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

That was only the case with older batteries. The 'new' lithium (yrs old) are able to handle half charges n all that messing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Ended up being ok in the end - the battery fully charges in 2 hours :-)

Advertisement