Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Supercar

Options
  • 05-09-2005 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

From bmw2002.co.uk
    BMW are to build a new Rear/Centrally mounted V10 rear wheel drive Supercar. Not since 1979 has BMW made a Supercar with the M1, but sources at BMW have revealed that a new Supercar, likely to be called the "Z10" is firmly on the drawing boards. Production could even be at the Rolls Royce Goodwood plant as it already has capacity to build another car. Using a highly developed version of the latest M5 & M6 V10 5.0 litre 500Bhp engines, increased by another 50cc's could make the new V10 capable of developing 550Bhp. Using the latest lightweight materials including aluminum & carbon-fibre throughout weight could be kept to 1200 Kg & have the power to weight ratio of 458 Bhp per tonne. Burkhard Goschel the head of BMW's development is said to "offer the ultimate in lateral dynamics", & must be cable of out performing the V8-powered M3 & Z4M. It will use the latest electronic & mechanical aids to enhance it's road holding capabilities & wind tunnel development will ensure aerodynamic down force is a priority. Active spoilers & venturi underbody will ensure the cars sticks to the road like an F1 car. BMW hopes to keep the price within £90,000 price bracket& sales should start in 2008.

Z100001.jpg
    Z100002.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The top picture looks great but then they show you the horrible back end in the 2nd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

from the door backwards it's just like a Gallardo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

el tel wrote:
    from the door backwards it's just like a Gallardo.
    Just thinking the same thing. The new BMW front is very non-agressive, isn't it? Not a good thing. Still, at least it'll be a bit more focussed than the "all things to all people" M5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

The top picture looks great but then they show you the horrible back end in the 2nd :(
    Was just thinking the exact opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

They should have yoinked the front end from this 1991 Italdesign/BMW concept - the Nazca C2.
    1991ItaldesignNazcaC2Concept.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I'm not a huge BMW fan, but they have amazed me by producting a car that actually looks Sporty, yet manly... the Z3 was just a dissapointment.

I think the back looks nice, but the first thing i'd do if I bought one is put those taillight lenses in the bin. They look muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Ann Elk

Still a bit ugly as well though - surely they could come up with something a little better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

that car looks beautiful:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Looks like a bastardised Gallardo. Thought it looked like they whacked off the front end of the lambo and stuck a 645 one on instead.

Could look nicer with a SLR/Zonda style narrower front end, but then the car would not look a) like a bmw and b) unlike any modern supercar.

I don't know if the signature twin vents at the front work with this type of car at all:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

weemcd wrote:
    Looks like a bastardised Gallardo. Thought it looked like they whacked off the front end of the lambo and stuck a 645 one on instead.

Could look nicer with a SLR/Zonda style narrower front end, but then the car would not look a) like a bmw and b) unlike any modern supercar.

I don't know if the signature twin vents at the front work with this type of car at all:confused:

Sure it wouldn't be a BMW without the kidney vents would it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement