Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Producers Plan Blockbuster Finale..

• 05-09-2005 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

LOST PRODUCERS PLAN BLOCKBUSTER FINALE

Producers of hit TV show LOST are planning to end the final series with a movie blockbuster to curb the cast's demands for a pay rise.

MATTHEW FOX, EVANGELINE LILLY and DOMINIC MONAGHAN were furious last week after discovering they are paid only a fifth of what the stars of rival show DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES earn.

The big-budget movie will come either at the end of the second series, which is currently being filmed in Hawaii, or at the end of the third if the show continues to attract huge audiences worldwide.

Three rival Hollywood studios are currently fighting to secure the rights to the movie, in a deal which would make the show's biggest stars at least $3.6 million (GBP2 million) richer.

A series insider says, "The last thing producers want is a mutiny. Now they've hit a sure-fire way of hitting the big bucks.

"Three studios have said they are keen to make a Lost blockbuster. The show is seen in more than 70 countries, so it's guaranteed box-office success. Whoever puts in the best bid will get the prize.

"Now the actors have been told about a film deal they're overjoyed. There are lots of ideas about how the story could end but it's thought that who ever is left will be found."
    Original source here!

Hmmmm... by the sounds of things, it looks like the producers would like to end it after the third series whether or not there's interest for more!

Not too sure on the idea of the finale as a movie... just scamming us outta more bucks. But then again, i'd definantly be first in line to go see it! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm not sure i'd pay to see it in the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I wouldn't pay to see it in the cinema... then again I don't pay to see any movie cos I have my Unlimited card (which I've gotten MORE than enough use out of)

I'd like to see Lost go on for only a couple of series cos I think it'd get stagnant and repetitive if it kept going...

A movie would mean a bigger budget and more possibilities for the finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It might also mean that they'll save the revealing of Lostzilla until they can do it justice with a motion picture budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

would be nice to know there is a finish in sight at some stage, not for the show to continue and then get cancelled in the middle :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭kinda lost

I like the idea of the film im happy with this news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I heard the producers have enough storylines written already to last 8 years. I don't have a news source for that so it's probably bs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Binomate wrote:
    I heard the producers have enough storylines written already to last 8 years. I don't have a news source for that so it's probably bs.
    They did say this at one point but i have the distinct impression that JJ / Damon don't want 'Lost' to run for many seasons. They want to end it while it's still fresh.

I remember them giving the example of how they don't want to end up like 'The X-Files' in the latter seasons.

I do admire them for this! But then again.. will the almighty dollar corrupt this wish of theirs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bawpsherep

Why on earth would fans of Lost be apathetic about a movie?! Honestly, why wouldn't you go see it? I quite like the idea of ending things with a movie. But ending the series after three seasons? Bad idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Bawpsherep wrote:
    Why on earth would fans of Lost be apathetic about a movie?! Honestly, why wouldn't you go see it? I quite like the idea of ending things with a movie. But ending the series after three seasons? Bad idea!

Not necessarily, better for it to end while it's in it's prime than when it might get bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

I've only discovered Lost last weekend, having watched all episodes in 2 sittings and as much as it's hooked me, I'd hate to see it run for more than 3 season. It could only deterioate into a mish mash of sub-standard viewing like the X-Files and I'm still bitter over that.
    Would I pay to see a Lost movie? Right now, I'd be taking my granny from the Denny queue and moving her to the Lost one. I have 2 more seasons to change my mind and put my granny to rest, God bless her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

is it still in its 1st series on RTE,cuz thats a pretty big series if it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

BrightEyes wrote:
    is it still in its 1st series on RTE,cuz thats a pretty big series if it is
    Pretty standard series length! Well, typical US series is 24 episodes. Lost's first season is 25 episodes.

RTE has been flying through it really with double episodes for the last couple of weeks.

Advertisement