Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sushi Lovers - Ivory Tower doing 7 courses of sushi on Tuesdays

Options
  • 05-09-2005 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

Was in the market on Sat and saw this on a poster in Bubble Brothers. Mmmm sushi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Ivory Tower is so good, and definitely the best food in the city. I won't say the best restaurant as the dining room isn't to everyones taste.

O'Connell trained in Japan and of course was involved with the now defunct Yumi Yuki Club in the Triskel. So he knows what he's at.

This is where I'm heading to for my celebratory meal once I submit my thesis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Wow! That sounds really cool!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I went to the Yumi Yuki a few times, it was a decidely odd club.

Where's this Ivory Towers gaff anyway? Never heard of it.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Its near the centra on Oliver Plunkett st as far as i know. Its upstairs so its really hard to notice

Is it just sushi?

• Advertisement

It's right over the O'Briens on Oliver Plunkett Street. The entrance is on Prince's Street. There's always a menu posted outside the door. Don't be put off by the grotty entrance, it's well worth the visit.

It's not cheap on a normal night, about E50 for 5 courses or E70 for a 7 course taster menu, but it's well worth it. He's the best chef in the city. Most people don't like the dining room however, as it's very eclectic in style. I have no idea how much this Sushi night costs. Make sure to book in advance though as seating is limited and anytime I've eaten there it's taken a minimum of 2 1/2 hours.

The ivory tower does mainly fish (cooked quiet a bit of the time) afaik but you can get other stuff. Its a bit pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

No, it's menu is very varied, it is not a seafood restaurant. The menu is very broad. It's €70 for tonight. I can't remember what the poster said about sake but I think you'll get a bit of it included in the price.

Been to the Ivory twice now. Good food, very good service. Enjoyed my first visit more though I really did like the raw, spliced and sliced wood pigeon the last time. Really really good wine selection. Everything on the menu is organic. The fish and game is always freshly caught. It looks like a dive from the outside but inside is quite nice. Good atmosphere and relaxing non-intrusional music.

It was my fav restaurant after my first visit, not so sure after my second. Will have to go again and see.

€70 pp or does that cover 2 people?

normally it's per person

• Advertisement

I just re-read the title, its 7 courses of sushi so i suppose at 70 euro, you get quiet a bit of sushi and some sake and prob some other stuff thrown in.

Mmmm, stuff.

stuff is just so good!

Advertisement