Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Transporter II - Trailer

• 05-09-2005 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

Here's a link to an Audi ad, sorry, I mean to the Transporter Two trailer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

For added
    comedy
    value, click the link at the top of that page to view the hospital and hose fight sequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I saw the poster for it in the cinema yesterday and a girlish scream of terror almost escaped my lips.....

....WHY are they making the movie, the first one was just such a dismal crapfest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It wasn't great, but I think it was better than a lot of other no-brainers out there. The fighting scenes
    in the parked bus and then in the oil when he had the bike-pedals wrapped around his feet were great I thought.
    I like Jason Statham, I'll go see it alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

For me, if it has (just like the first one) TWO excellent fight scenes then im there and ill enjoy the film no problemo.

That's SofaKing's Rule 1 for enjoying Martial arts films. :)

And SofaKing's Rule 2: If the main guy (in this case, Jason Statham) does most of his own stunts/fights, then that means there will be lots of wide camera shots where i can actually see the action, and ill enjoy the film even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I enjoyed The Transporter in that no-brainer action movie sense.

Also for some reason, I find it extremely hard not to like anything Luc Besson has produced, such as Taxi(orignal of course), Unleashed, The Transporter, and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I like Statham and I did enjoy the first one, again in that no-brainer action sense, but I watched the trailer above for the hospital fight and he's using the door to shield himself from close range automatic handgun fire and I hate having to persuade my limited intelligence to completely switch off, fair enough if it has to avert its eyes for a few seconds, but that's taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Not sure about the new one but as I recall the first one was class. Hopefully this will be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I enjoyed the first one, because I was "Sunday hungover dying" on my couch when I saw it. UK having a go at Hong Kong style, methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I found this article quite funny:
    The Transporter is gay.

Leterrier said he wove a subtle gay subtext into the movie simply because he could, and, as the Ain't It Cool News followers already know, Martin is a loner and "semi-loser" who eschews the company of the beautiful women he often finds surrounding him.

"I was very afraid of doing a Steven Seagal kind of movie — very formulaic and predigested," the 32-year-old said. "So I had to find an angle."
    "If you watch the movie and you know he's gay, it becomes so much more fun," Leterrier insisted. "It's so great — the first gay action movie hero!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

surprisingly it actually looks ok. i had to turn the first one off after 20 mins like.

edit:check out your man from lock stock and snatch as one of the docs in the fight scene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

I thought the first film was just ok, nothing special about it; i really hope the second one is some what different.

Advertisement