Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Compaq Presario 1246 (VIA Audio running at double speed)

• 05-09-2005 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

er yes, I am currently working on a Compaq Presario 1246 which was built for 98 but the client wants windows 2000 on the laptop. Official HP site had no audio drivers for win2000 but a quick search for the chipset got me the proper via drivers via the via site. but then after I installed the drivers and re-booted, the sound is coming out at twice ( or more ) normal speed - I am confuzzled because MIDI files seem to playing fine. Is this a codec issue? more to the point can anybody help????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

arghh, can anyone help????

oh well. laptop's gone back to it's owner now anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wavin

davil wrote:
    oh well. laptop's gone back to it's owner now anyway

well im a bit late but i think if you went into audio settings there might be a hardware acceleration bar that you could lower

read about it here if you feel so inclinedinclined

That was the first thing I tried as I have experienced this before but thanks anyway.

Advertisement