Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay. Who pays for postage

• 05-09-2005 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Bought a Sony flash drive from UK seller. Paid £7 for postage. Item was faulty and seller has offered "full refund". I presume that this will be on item only and will not include original postage. Who should pay for cost of sending item back ?

joebre

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,380 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Depends on what conditions the seller sells the item to you. I would expect the seller to refund the postage element once he has verified it is faulty but it will depend on the seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If they are a powerseller they might. I am in two minds as to what is fair though. If I bought something in town that was faulty and tried to claim back my time and expenses to go back to return it there is no way they would entertain it.
    You should not have to pay additional postage to have the replacement sent though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

joe u must pay for postage to return the item if you want the item replaced. think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

The seller does not have a replacement but has agreed to refund !
    So I will be paying for postage twice !

Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

joebre wrote:
    The seller does not have a replacement but has agreed to refund !
    So I will be paying for postage twice !

Joe
    Yes. yes you will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Hi Joe, I know it sucks mate but you still have to pay to return it. Most companys would charge you to send things back anyway. Count yourself lucky he is giving you a refund

Advertisement