Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 3G phones

• 05-09-2005 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I was just looking at the Nokia website, as I'm thinking of getting a new phone. Are there only 2 3G nokia phones, namely the 6680 and 6630?

I don't want any other alternatives, just Nokias.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

dudara wrote:
    I was just looking at the Nokia website, as I'm thinking of getting a new phone. Are there only 2 3G nokia phones, namely the 6680 and 6630?

I don't want any other alternatives, just Nokias.

Hi dudara,
    Currently, with Vodafone, it's just the 6630 and 6680 that are on offer from Nokia for 3G. Personally, I'm hanging on for the Nokia N70 which is essentially the next version of the 6680. Don't get the 6630 as that was the first version and has more bugs. There are a good few threads mentioning the 6630 and 6680 on here with some useful info too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

The 6630 is better than the 6680. Has all the same processor etc, but the 6680 tries to do more with java etc, slowing it down. The 6630 had firmware issues (reboting randmly etc) but that was all gone once the first firmware replacement came out. I'd definitely say get the 6630 over the 6680.. I've got one and I'm more than happy with it feature wise..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I agree though, hang on for the Nseries..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks all. I want to move to 3 for the better prices, but aFAIK I'll have to get a 3g phone, and all they have is the 6680. Might hang a while for more options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I've got the 6630 myself as well. Its an excellent phone,great features, decent battery life, and I haven't noticed any bugs (well, ok, just the one bug). Its worth the money. And I'm only using it on a 2G network, I'm not too keen to move to 3 just yet, and I'd like to wait and see what type of 3 service Eircom are gonna launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

I'll just add my 2 cents.

The Nokia 6680 is basically the same as the Nokia 6630, as said above, but with the addition of a camera flash and something called "Active Standy" which shows all upcoming events from your Todo list, Calendar, etc. It's very handy if you sync with your PC a lot. Battery life is slightly better than the Nokia 6630.

The N70, which is due in the next month or so, simply has a 2mpix camera instead of the 1.3mpix camera of the Nokia 6630 and 6680. It also has a radio which is a rare thing on Series 60 phone. There are a few more software features also ;)

The Register - Nokia 6680
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06/10/review_nokia_6680/

Mobile Review - Nokia N70
    http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n70-en.shtml

- Neil

Advertisement