Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush

Options
  • 05-09-2005 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭

Got me Rush - 2112 yesterday, good stuff, i like it. Shames its only about 39mins, nice riffs and drum fills though :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

well done man your on your way good solid base to start off wit..u can get any of the albums next but if u like the kinda epic feel to 2112 maybe try hemispheres...but as i say they are all classics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mp3guy wrote:
    Shames its only about 39mins, nice riffs and drum fills though :D

:D Once upon a time music was only availible on something called
    vinyl, a 12 inch slab of which could accomadate 20 mins of music with comfort and a bit more at a push. So most lps are 40 mins long which is usually long enough. To many albums these days just fill the CD regardless of quality.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Glad you started with 2112, Rush's first true classic album. I think you'll agree that the title track is one of the most amzing extended pieces hard rock has ever seen. I must have listened to it a thousand times by now and it still surprises me.

Hemispheres as jcoote said is a good place to go next as the album is very similar in structure and sound to 2112. Personally though I'd advise you to pick up Moving Pictures next and prepare to bow down to arguably the greatest prog rock LP of all time. It's a CD that has everything: Catchy album rock, a brilliant extended piece, and haunting prog at it's best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Well I think AlOB Has said it quite nicely :)

the ultimate band..and 2112??..when I was a wee lad in UK it was longside all the other iconic albums by the great bands of the 70's with Zeps4 or Floyds dark side of the moon or whatever great band ya can think of, if you didnt have Rush 2112 in yer collction yu were a wannabe rock follower only,,ahh maybe theres STILL time for this country to catch up on the greatest band on the planet...their just different class.

ciao' amigos...Baggio....

PS: dont't forget - A Farewell To Kings..with Xanadu and Cygnus X1 on it..ouch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

farewell to kings has 'closer to the heart' on it too which showed a different side to rush imo...its a lot simpler than the rest of the album and shows that they could do they simple stuff well, aswell as playing songs that people got injured trying to play :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement