Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Wind

Options
  • 05-09-2005 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hey

Any tips or advice on a baby that finds it hard to get wind up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Gripe water is pretty good we used it with both of our babies.

You can get it in most chemists that i have been in if you can't see it on the shelf just as for it.

It works well a few minutes after going down the wind usually breaks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

The best position for winding a baby is to put them sitting on your lap, with their chin resting between your thumb and first finger, supporting their head and opening the wind pipe. Make sure their back is straight. This used to bring my baby's wind straight up.

It looks a little like you're throttling them, but you won't be, don't worry. Just make sure the centre of their neck is lying against your hand, just the part under the chin, with a straight back, and head straight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mia belle

Rub upward on the left hand side of babys back(this is the area the stomach is) will usually help to get wind up easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

when on holiday in france at my friends mothers place his 2 sisters and family friend were also there with 3 babys!! they all used the excellant method of sitting them in their laps and tapping a cloth on their mouths...worked every time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually we use Shabadus method. Works well although I was nervous of choking my son at first (so used to rest on my shoulder). Prior to doing this if you lie them flat for 3 seconds then hold them upright the wind comes up.

Another thing I've noticed is when I was burping him I'd say "Give me a burp". Now days just saying that and he will let out a big burp if he can or try to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement