Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Halen

Options
  • 05-09-2005 5:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there was any Van Halen fans here (not Van Hager)
    I think their stuff with Dave Lee Roth was awesome and loved the attitude of the whole thing.
    Eddies solos aswell are just a specticle in themselves... while not having the brilliance and constructiveness of ppl like Page etc. he (eddie) just goes wild with speed... watch a video of eruption and u will see.

Im aware that alot of thier stuff (especially with Hager) is cheese on crackers, but they do have some really cool songs/albums
    I mean look at Van Halen I's first 4 tracks (Running with the Devil, Eruption, You Really Got Me (cover but very good one at that) & aint talkin' bout love.
    all cool songs for wat they are and great to listen to before you out for the night! :D

wat do other ppl think of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i like them tbh..couldn't ever take em too seriously but for a bit of light hearted listening i would enjoy them...eddie is a legend and almost created his own style with the uber fast tapping...good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

As a guitar player, it's hard not to like, and respect Van Halen.

Advertisement