Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush appoints John Roberts to Chief Justice

Options
  • 05-09-2005 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4698685.stm

Clearly the perfect man for the choice with his track record of respecting human rights, seperation of church and state and the womens right to choose.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 President4Life

Yes he is probably not as conservative as one might have expected coming from Bush. Maybe the US won't become a religious nanny-state as many feared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

"seperate"

Hmm. Don't forget, there's "a rat" in "separate".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Hobbes wrote:

Clearly the perfect man for the choice with his track record of respecting human rights, seperation of church and state and the womens right to choose.

In 1990, he co-wrote a brief urging the high court to overturn Roe v Wade

that’s all that all that really matters to bush... appoint enough justices to overturn Row V wade with varying other view on other issues, so they get approved by congress...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hobbes wrote:

Might have mislaid the sarcasm tags Hobbes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

TomF wrote:
    "seperate"

Hmm. Don't forget, there's "a rat" in "separate".

There's an "om" in TomF. Whats your point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

jhegarty wrote:
    that’s all that all that really matters to bush... appoint enough justices to overturn Row V wade with varying other view on other issues, so they get approved by congress...

I just wonder with his approval rating in the toilet at the moment would he be able to pull it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Hobbes wrote:
    I just wonder with his approval rating in the toilet at the moment would he be able to pull it off?

the problem is this guy has cross-party support... now I admit more support on one side than the other , but I am sure they will be all thinking about some of the other judges bush could come up with, he is as good as they could hope for...

Advertisement